Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch) (gamerip) (2020)

Also the Title and Red Streamer Battle Theme has to be favorite they are both so upbeat!

Last edited:
And I love Tranquil Pipes Treehouse because it's a slowed down version of a certain song from Mario Kart Wii!

And I love Tranquil Pipes Treehouse because it's a slowed down version of a certain song from Mario Kart Wii!

Folded Soldiers: *grabs gun*

Me:
origami-king-5.jpg
LOL

To whoever updated this album,
Thank you so much for putting them in the order of gameplay rather than the soundcheck room in the museum. I also appreciate the combined tracks for the battles, as well as some of the other tracks. The unused and beta tracks are a nice addition as well.

One thing that I would have to mention is that some of the tracks end rather abruptly, rather than fading out. It's not a big problem, as they feel like they're ending on a satisfying note, but it's still a little jarring nonetheless.

Overall, a much needed improvement on an already amazing soundtrack.

Which tracks end jarringly? Some tracks have abrupt endings in favor of classic fade-outs for stylistic reasons, but I'd love to fix anything that's too abrupt.

Which tracks end jarringly? Some tracks have abrupt endings in favor of classic fade-outs for stylistic reasons, but I'd love to fix anything that's too abrupt.
Graffiti Underground feels like it's incomplete, but I guess I just prefered the fade-out for that track. M-A-X Power! ends really abruptly, and I found that one really jarring (Deep, Deep Vibes ends the same way, but doesn't feel abrupt). Thrills at Night ends a bit too quickly- the last note gets cut off. I would split up the two Trial of Wisdom tracks again, as they don't flow into each other nicely. Beware the Handaconda suffers from the same problem as Graffiti Underground (but might work to the song's advantage considering the vibe it tries to pull off). Other than these, the abruptness works for all the other tracks. I didn't listen to all the tracks, just most of them.

Don't feel like you have to change it solely for me- if you think it's fine the way it is, that's your choice, and I respect that. I will probably get used to it in time. It's just something that bugs me a little.

Also forgot to thank you for fixing some of the looping problems. There were some songs I wanted to add to one of my mixtapes, but opted out due to problems with the looping. Glad you fixed those.

Graffiti Underground feels like it's incomplete, but I guess I just prefered the fade-out for that track. M-A-X Power! ends really abruptly, and I found that one really jarring (Deep, Deep Vibes ends the same way, but doesn't feel abrupt). Thrills at Night ends a bit too quickly- the last note gets cut off.
"Graffiti Underground" was pretty fun to work with given its segment's interesting use of dynamic music, so I felt it was somewhat appropriate to give it a more unique intro/outro instead of a simple fade-out. I figured the existing abrupt cowbell cut fit, but I'd say it's perfectly fair to prefer a fade-out.

Regarding the music disc/disco tracks, those were pretty hard to seamlessly end with the game's record sound effect. "M-A-X Power!" in particular was a little hard to make sound natural, but I wanted to maintain the idea of these being music disc tracks that each get cut-off by the next in the rotation. I might look into improving "Thrills at Night"'s ending timing, and I'll see what I can do for "M-A-X Power!" as well, though I can't guarantee much in that specific case.

I would split up the two Trial of Wisdom tracks again, as they don't flow into each other nicely. Beware the Handaconda suffers from the same problem as Graffiti Underground (but might work to the song's advantage considering the vibe it tries to pull off). Other than these, the abruptness works for all the other tracks. I didn't listen to all the tracks, just most of them.

Don't feel like you have to change it solely for me- if you think it's fine the way it is, that's your choice, and I respect that. I will probably get used to it in time. It's just something that bugs me a little.
I actually feel that the bell abruptly cutting off the hectic timer segment in "The Trial of Wisdom" works to the song's advantage, as it's sort of an anti-climactic/comedic response to the rising tension at the start of the track. I also wanted to keep the tracklist as short as possible given how much music this game has, and aimed to keep the three trial songs as their own standalone tracks.

Fair point on "Beware the Handaconda", though I think it could maybe benefit from some more fade-out than is presently applied to the track, so I'll look into that as well.

Also forgot to thank you for fixing some of the looping problems. There were some songs I wanted to add to one of my mixtapes, but opted out due to problems with the looping. Glad you fixed those.
Actually, I didn't "fix" the looping problems or explicitly work with the previous gamerip at all! This rip was done from scratch around a year ago and uploaded to other sites, I just recently decided to have it replace the one that was previously uploaded to this site. At some point I do want to also try and enhance the soundtrack's audio quality given the poor compression format the game uses, but I haven't found the time to, especially since I've been working on other gamerip projects.

Regardless, thank you for your interest and feedback on this rip, I do really appreciate it!

Guys, I need help…
What is the track name which was used to be “Princess Peach Grand Opening“ that is played on the cutscene of a streamer disintegration. I couldn't find the exact time duration of it.

Guys, I need help…
What is the track name which was used to be “Princess Peach Grand Opening“ that is played on the cutscene of a streamer disintegration. I couldn't find the exact time duration of it.
I have no idea what you mean but themes related to the streamer destroyed cutscenes are 1-53 and 5-39 (disk-song# in case that wasn't clear)

does anybody know how to find that sound effect that spring in the whispering woods makes when you throw something shriveled into it and it restores that shriveled thing? (it's in here at 21:44
)

Back