Mario Kart Wii (Wii) (gamerip) (2008)

After playing the game again after 4 or so years, I can say the game is definitely as good as I remember it. The tracks are great, the soundtrack is amazing (Especially the top results theme song), and the gameplay is fun. That and I love the Ballon battle and coin battle modes. Although, I do have some problems with the game.
1.The blue shell: I swear to god every time you get close to finishing a race, the blue shell arrives to remind you that it's the bane of your existence. Unfortunately, there is no way to get rid of it until mario kart 8.
2.The AI is extremely cheap: (150cc and mirror mode to be pacific). What I mean by that is that their speed remains the same when they're small, but you move slower. Sometimes, the shells will just past right through them even though it clearly hit them. When they're hit by a pow block, One of them will recover faster then you do for some reason. Hell, sometimes they even have the exact same kart as you do. That and when you make one small mistake on 150cc or mirror mode, you'll be at 9th or 10th place.
3.Mirror mode: When I played the game again last month, mirror mode reminded me why I hate it so much. I hate it because of the AI and some courses are just a massive pain to beat. Such as rainbow road which can go screw it off. Overall, mario kart wii is a blast to play and it's even more fun when you get to ruin your friendships with the blueshell.
Soundtrack: 9.3/10.
Game: 8.9/10.

After playing the game again after 4 or so years, I can say the game is definitely as good as I remember it. The tracks are great, the soundtrack is amazing (Especially the top results theme song), and the gameplay is fun. That and I love the Ballon battle and coin battle modes. Although, I do have some problems with the game.
1.The blue shell: I swear to god every time you get close to finishing a race, the blue shell arrives to remind you that it's the bane of your existence. Unfortunately, there is no way to get rid of it until mario kart 8.
2.The AI is extremely cheap: (150cc and mirror mode to be pacific). What I mean by that is that their speed remains the same when they're small, but you move slower. Sometimes, the shells will just past right through them even though it clearly hit them. When they're hit by a pow block, One of them will recover faster then you do for some reason. Hell, sometimes they even have the exact same kart as you do. That and when you make one small mistake on 150cc or mirror mode, you'll be at 9th or 10th place.
3.Mirror mode: When I played the game again last month, mirror mode reminded me why I hate it so much. I hate it because of the AI and some courses are just a massive pain to beat. Such as rainbow road which can go screw it off. Overall, mario kart wii is a blast to play and it's even more fun when you get to ruin your friendships with the blueshell.
Soundtrack: 9.3/10.
Game: 8.9/10.
I agree, the blue shell does suck. I was dominating the race one time and then I got hit with a blue shell, red shell, and then a thunderbolt and went from 1st all the way to last. I was near the finish and I haven't touched the game ever since. The soundtrack is amazing though. The losing music is the best.

This makes me play the game again but my wii broke a long time ago
you can buy a normal or homebrewed Wii on eBay for cheap I think. I think they are either 20 or 40 dollars idk I can't really check but they should be cheap.

Can you make Crosstracks for tracks that have more than one version, like Moonview Highway, Bowser's Castle, Dry Dry Ruins, Koopa Cape, and Wario's Gold Mine.

Back