Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: The Complete Gamerip (Switch, Wii U) (gamerip) (2014)

I mean, it would be redundant for the developers to make entire versions of the tracks with the Shy Guys. It would take up unnecessary space.
Wild Woods, Shy Guy Falls, Wii Wario’s Gold Mine, etc. have the Shy Guys inside the same stream files as the song and frontrunning beats. However, you don’t need to be literally right next to them to hear them like you do in GBA Sunset Wilds. Notice that if you’re just driving by, it’s hard to hear them unless you stop right next to them, whereas in the examples above, you just need to be in the general area to hear them.

Also, the frontrunning beats are in the same stream files, unlike MK7 where it was just a generic drum beat that had it’s tempo shifted for the different songs, and the Final Lap variations are also their own separate files, so MK8 doesn’t shy away from using extra space in this way. However, the stream files are small enough it’s not a problem in the game (they can be losslessly expanded to flac files, but use a specific type of compression to get the file size way down).

I have 1.2 GB left on my Chromebook bruh. 😭 Idk how I'm gonna fit all this into my playlist. Then again, I'm probably gonna delete a big chunk of the tracks because they are not needed. I can just put it in Google Drive, review it there, and move it to my Files.

One small complaint: I don't like the cover art. The logo is off-centered and I think the box art would be a lot better to use than simply a Mario render with a gradient background:

1%20-%20ezlIxS8.jpg

Last edited:
One small complaint: I don't like the cover art. The logo is off-centered and I think the box art would be a lot better to use than simply a Mario render with a gradient background:

1%20-%20ezlIxS8.jpg
I made cover art for it, but I guess it wasn’t the default. I’ll fix that soon.

Right now I’m working on Hyrule Warriors Definitive, and that’s pretty time consuming. It’ll be done in… two weeks? (not guaranteed) So after that probably.
This would be Godly of you to put it in true 48Hz/16bit or even 24bit if you can/wanted to. ;)

The base game is only 32khz/16bit, so unfortunately, I can’t make it 48khz without faking data. And since the audio is only 16bit, 24bit audio wouldn’t be accurate.

If you want to use any online converter to convert to 48khz 24bit, you can, because that’s exactly what I’d have to do.

The base game is only 32khz/16bit, so unfortunately, I can’t make it 48khz without faking data. And since the audio is only 16bit, 24bit audio wouldn’t be accurate.

If you want to use any online converter to convert to 48khz 24bit, you can, because that’s exactly what I’d have to do.
Obviously I didn’t know that. 😅. You learn something new everyday.

I noticed that Merry Mountain, Ninja Hideaway, and Piranha Plant Cove were mislabeled as Tour Merry Mountain, Tour Ninja Hideaway, and Tour Piranha Plant Cove. None of these are 'Tour' tracks, and this should be fixed.
I also couldn't find DS Waluigi Pinball. Is it missing, or am I just overlooking it? I scrolled through the list like four times and I couldn't find it. Hopefully these issues are soon resolved.

I noticed that Merry Mountain, Ninja Hideaway, and Piranha Plant Cove were mislabeled as Tour Merry Mountain, Tour Ninja Hideaway, and Tour Piranha Plant Cove. None of these are 'Tour' tracks, and this should be fixed.
I also couldn't find DS Waluigi Pinball. Is it missing, or am I just overlooking it? I scrolled through the list like four times and I couldn't find it. Hopefully these issues are soon resolved.
DS Waluigi Pinball is the same as DS Wario Stadium.

DS Waluigi Pinball is the same as DS Wario Stadium.
Oh, okay, I understand. But wouldn't it be more clear if the DS Wario Stadium was labeled as DS Wario Stadium/DS Waluigi Pinball? I feel that would make more sense. I believe there are also some special SFX for DS Waluigi Pinball, e.g. the Final Lap sound effect and the Item Box cycle sound. Are those going to be added to this?

Oh, okay, I understand. But wouldn't it be more clear if the DS Wario Stadium was labeled as DS Wario Stadium/DS Waluigi Pinball? I feel that would make more sense. I believe there are also some special SFX for DS Waluigi Pinball, e.g. the Final Lap sound effect and the Item Box cycle sound. Are those going to be added to this?
Yeah, that would make more sense. But I'm not the one doing this gamerip so idk.

These tracks were in Tour first, regardless of what Mario Kart 8 likes to pretend. As such, I labelled them as Tour tracks.

Back