Super Mario 64 Original Soundtrack (1996)

I disagree because of the awful camera and the 100 star missions. It's a great game that's fun to play with some flaws. Honestly, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and especially 2 are better games then Super Mario 64. It does have a great soundtrack tho.
Yeah, and Super Mario 3D World is waaaaay better.

I enjoy only a select few songs from this game. Otherwise the soundtrack for me is dull and forgettable. The game isn't very good ether. Most of the praise for this game is nostalgia. The game is one of the most colorful games on the system and the hub world and swimming controls are great. Mario's "groundbreaking and amazing" controls were complete garbage. He was too slippery and it was hard to move around with him without making mistakes. And the wing cap. To put it shortly, F*CK the wing cap. It controls like phooey. And the camera controls, the game's revolutionary mechanic was restricted for basically the whole game. Most of the levels are pretty ugly too. Now, going into the game and playing Bomb Omb Battlefield for your first time is great. The level looks great. But playing almost any other level in the game looks like garbage. It sometimes feels like they were just stock images and random textures slapped everywhere. Especially the Bowser stages. Not only this but the amount of annoying gimmicks in each stage make everyone of them feel like a terrible super mario maker level. It also makes them super annoying to play. Most of the levels have jutting out straight ledges that look terrible even for the time. Overall I give this game a 2/10, it's not very good and can be extremely frustrating because of the way the game is designed. Much like the N64 its self, it's very overrated.

But that doesn't mean your wasting your time playing it. If you ask me, no matter how terrible a game is, if you enjoyed playing it, you didn't waste your time.

I enjoy only a select few songs from this game. Otherwise the soundtrack for me is dull and forgettable. The game isn't very good ether. Most of the praise for this game is nostalgia. The game is one of the most colorful games on the system and the hub world and swimming controls are great. Mario's "groundbreaking and amazing" controls were complete garbage. He was too slippery and it was hard to move around with him without making mistakes. And the wing cap. To put it shortly, F*CK the wing cap. It controls like phooey. And the camera controls, the game's revolutionary mechanic was restricted for basically the whole game. Most of the levels are pretty ugly too. Now, going into the game and playing Bomb Omb Battlefield for your first time is great. The level looks great. But playing almost any other level in the game looks like garbage. It sometimes feels like they were just stock images and random textures slapped everywhere. Especially the Bowser stages. Not only this but the amount of annoying gimmicks in each stage make everyone of them feel like a terrible super mario maker level. It also makes them super annoying to play. Most of the levels have jutting out straight ledges that look terrible even for the time. Overall I give this game a 2/10, it's not very good and can be extremely frustrating because of the way the game is designed. Much like the N64 its self, it's very overrated.

But that doesn't mean your wasting your time playing it. If you ask me, no matter how terrible a game is, if you enjoyed playing it, you didn't waste your time.
To me, Super Mario 64 is a great game with some massive flaws like the camera, the 100 coin missions, Mario's odd control, etc. This is coming from someone who hasn't played the game since earlier this year in April. I've played it back when it was only a few years old (Pacifically the DS version). When I played it then, I didn't like it very much and I decided to only play it just because of the mini games. When I finally gave the game a shot, I thought it was great, but it's not as great as everyone says it is. I do agree with you on the graphics for the game because a handful of the textures look really bad. Also, I completely agree with you on the Nintendo 64 because I think it's a pretty mediocre console compared to the NES, SNES, and the Wii.

To me, Super Mario 64 is a great game with some massive flaws like the camera, the 100 coin missions, Mario's odd control, etc. This is coming from someone who hasn't played the game since earlier this year in April. I've played it back when it was only a few years old (Pacifically the DS version). When I played it then, I didn't like it very much and I decided to only play it just because of the mini games. When I finally gave the game a shot, I thought it was great, but it's not as great as everyone says it is. I do agree with you on the graphics for the game because a handful of the textures look really bad. Also, I completely agree with you on the Nintendo 64 because I think it's a pretty mediocre console compared to the NES, SNES, and the Wii.
Yeah, I always preferred the DS version of Super Mario 64.

One of the greatest, if not THE greatest, Super Mario video game. An amazing soundtrack to go with it, truly a amazing adventure will await any new players.

One of the greatest, if not THE greatest, Super Mario video game. An amazing soundtrack to go with it, truly a amazing adventure will await any new players.
The greatest Mario game? Ehhh... that's debatable because there's several Mario games I can name right off the bat that I think are better then Mario 64. Such as Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Back