Mega Man 5 (Family Computer, NES) (gamerip) (1992)

I wouldn't say it's soundtrack is better then Mega Man 6, but otherwise I agree with your opinion on Mega Man 5. In fact, it's one of my least Mega Man games of the entire franchise along with Mega Man 8, Mega Man II (GB), and Mega Man X7. The only theme songs I like in this game is Dark Man's Theme and Star Man's Theme.
The suckiest games in the series are: Mega Man Xtreme 1, Mega Man II (GB), Mega Man 7 & 8, and Mega Man X7.

While I initially didn't care for MM5's soundtrack, it has grown on me quite a bit. Gravity Man's theme and Napalm Man's theme are some of my favorites :].

While I initially didn't care for MM5's soundtrack, it has grown on me quite a bit. Gravity Man's theme and Napalm Man's theme are some of my favorites :].
The first half of Gravity Man's theme is good, but it becomes pretty bland half way in and Napalm Man's theme is alright. Mega Man 5's soundtrack for me is one of the lamest soundtracks in the whole franchise. The only two theme songs I like in this game are Star Man's and the Dark Man stages. Aside from those, the rest of this soundtrack blows.

Last edited:
The first half of Gravity Man's theme is good, but it becomes pretty bland half way in and Napalm Man's theme is alight. Mega Man 5's soundtrack for me is one of the lamest soundtracks in the whole franchise. The only two theme songs I like in this game are Star Man's and the Dark Man stages. Aside from those, the rest of this soundtrack blows.
I disagree of course, but respectfully. Although I will say I feel the exact same way about MM4's soundtrack, actually. Skull Man's and Dive Man's themes are pretty good, as well as the Cossack Fortress themes, but the others aren't really my cup of tea.

Mega Man 5 has a horrible and bland soundtrack.The only two good theme songs in this game is Star Man's Theme and the Dark Man stages. The rest are either boring or bland. Well, Mega Man 5 somehow managed to ruin a Mega Man Soundtrack, but this can be forgiven if the game is fun to play. Right? Nope. Mega Man 5 also fails at the gameplay department. The stages are very boring with no identity or fun setpieces unlike the last 3 games and even the first game. The only two good stages in this game is Star Man because of the low gravity Gimmick and Gyro Man because of the fun enemy placement and level design. The rest of them suck with boring level design that actually almost put me to sleep on many different playthroughs with no interesting setpieces, enemies, or fun level design. As for the weapons, they suck. No joke, they all suck because they're either too situational, do little damage, or they just plain suck. The only good one is Crystal Eye because it does a good amount of damage and it can split into 3 different projectiles to hit multiple enemies if it hits them. Okay, Mega Man 5 failed at three things already, but it can maybe make a come back if the bosses are fun to fight. Right? Again, no because the bosses are very easy with no interesting patterns. Overall, Mega Man 5 is a snooze fest with boring stages, boring and forgettable bosses, a stupid story I won't talk about until I eventually re-review this game, horrible weapons, and a bland soundtrack.
Soundtrack: 4.4/10.
Game: 4.3/10.
Note: Damn, they really dropped the ball with this one.

I haven't posted in ages, but I think its time to start up right where I left off. Mega Man 5 is a drop in quality from 4 in its soundtrack and game design. The game isn't bad, the devs just made some poor decisions. Like the boss weapons being worse than usual, seriously, Stone Man's weapon is an absolute joke. How are you supposed to hit anything with that thing!? The boss designs are fairly decent, if you leave out the Napalm Man controversy. Mega Man 5 was banned in Vietnam because of the inclusion of Napalm Man and his theme. I like his design but I can definitely see how people could get offended. Kinda ironic when you consider basically every robot master in 6 is based off of another country, very stereotypically however. Graphically, the game is nice, and the stages has some fun gimmicks. Gravity Man's stage has a gravity gimmick. It borders directly on being a bit annoying and being cool, and I don't think it overstays its welcome. The music is fairly decent. Songs like Stone Man and Wave Man I enjoy, while others like Gyro Man and Star Man I feel aren't as solid. I like to think of things in color, which is odd, and when I think of Mega Man 5 I see browns and grays. Graphically, it looks nice, the art is good, but there isn't a lot of appealing color or set pieces. The levels just feel bland when playing them.. Overall, Mega Man 5 can be described only has flawed in many ways. Music, graphically in some aspects, and in overall design.
Favorites:
Charge Man
Stone Man
Wave Man
Dr. Wily Stage
Gyro Man

Dislike:
Star Man
Crystal Man

Last edited:
No matter WHAT you say, Mega Man 5 outclasses 4 in my opinion.
The stages have fun gimmicks, like the Suzy G in Gravity Man’s stage, the bosses have good designs..
If you say the boss designs are bad, you’re blaming the entire world for designing them.

The stages have fun gimmicks, like the Suzy G in Gravity Man’s stage, the bosses have good designs..
If you say the boss designs are bad, you’re blaming the entire world for designing them.
"No matter what you say, Mega Man 5 outclasses 4 in my opinion." Yeah, no. In my opinion, 5 falls behind it's NES predecessors in many ways (even the first one which was very mediocre compared to later installments). Mega Man 5 has a dumb story with the whole Proto Man Doppelganger crap and it's bosses are way too easy. They have simple patterns, attacks that take no effort to dodge, and even better, they're weapons suck. None them are good except crystal eye. As for the rest, they're all outclassed by the overpowered Mega Buster. Aside from boss weaknesses, there is no reason to use any weapons in 5. The levels aren't much better. They have boring enemies with uninspired stage segments and setpieces. Well, even if the game sucks, the music will be great. Right? Nope. Even the music sucks because it's so damn dull and none of them are catchy besides Star Man's Theme as well as the Dark Man Levels. Overall, Mega Man 5 is a massive drop in quality after the magnicent Mega Man 3 and 4. Some folks say Mega Man 7 is when they ran out of ideas, but honesty, I'll have to say it's 5 because they clearly had no good ideas for robot masters here.

"No matter what you say, Mega Man 5 outclasses 4 in my opinion." Yeah, no. In my opinion, 5 falls behind it's NES predecessors in many ways (even the first one which was very mediocre compared to later installments). Mega Man 5 has a dumb story with the whole Proto Man Doppelganger crap and it's bosses are way too easy. They have simple patterns, attacks that take no effort to dodge, and even better, they're weapons suck. None them are good except crystal eye. As for the rest, they're all outclassed by the overpowered Mega Buster. Aside from boss weaknesses, there is no reason to use any weapons in 5. The levels aren't much better. They have boring enemies with uninspired stage segments and setpieces. Well, even if the game sucks, the music will be great. Right? Nope. Even the music sucks because it's so damn dull and none of them are catchy besides Star Man's Theme as well as the Dark Man Levels. Overall, Mega Man 5 is a massive drop in quality after the magnicent Mega Man 3 and 4. Some folks say Mega Man 7 is when they ran out of ideas, but honesty, I'll have to say it's 5 because they clearly had no good ideas for robot masters here.
Yeesh. Didn’t know your opinions were that harsh..

Me when I shove down my opinion down someones throat, like christ dude, learn to respect someone elses opinions or so help me

I don't think Mega Man 5 is that bad. Sure, it isn't perfect, but it is better than Mega Man 1 at least.

Don't really get the blaming the whole world part, but I see what you're saying. Do I agree about it being better than 4? No, but I still see your point.

I don't think Mega Man 5 is that bad. Sure, it isn't perfect, but it is better than Mega Man 1 at least.
I don't think Mega Man 5 is that bad of a game. I'm just saying it feels very uninspired and unremarkable compared to the last four NES Mega Man games that came before it. In terms of just bad Mega Man games, it's just a real boring game.

Back