Fallout 4: Automatron, Far Harbor & Nuka-World (Re-Engineered Soundtrack) (2017)

It should probably be noted that this release only includes the tracks that were missing from the Official Soundtrack. For some reason the DLC Official Soundtrack only has around half of the music from the DLCs.

the OST version of Explore_Inner_NukaTown_01 has a slightly different instrumentation (and in my opinion, an inferior one) than the game version. might this warrant a "re-engineer" of that track from the game files as well?

the OST version of Explore_Inner_NukaTown_01 has a slightly different instrumentation (and in my opinion, an inferior one) than the game version. might this warrant a "re-engineer" of that track from the game files as well?
Nice that you noticed that too. I was debating whether I should include this slightly different version too but ultimately decided against it since it was a very small difference and not really an improvement over the other.

Understandable. The difference is quite minor between the two - a distorted guitar on the game version vs. cleaner guitar on the OST - though personally I think the distortion on the guitar fits the song better.

What are all these re-engineered soundtracks?
Uhm. Long story short, these are my personal rips and remasters of VGM music, mainly focusing on unreleased or lacking official releases. I almost always use gamerip sources for these that I then edit, mix, master and tag with various software and DSPs. which is why they are in my opinion more than just mere gamerips. Sometimes I also use more elaborate rendering techniques or remasters involving XQ or RX9, Stereo Tool delossifying, etc. The term "Re-Engineered Soundtrack" I came up with myself since that is what I am basically doing with the music and I also use it as constant trial and error learning material for my audio engineering skills. It also makes it easy to distinguish from other gamerips or official soundtracks since I often had trouble knowing what is official or what is made unofficially by fans. The whole topic can be a bit complex and I recommend to follow my Squid-Board thread and documentations if you actually care about such details. I actually only released all my soundtracks on KHInsider as a second thought. My main place is still Squid-Board and there you can also find cloud access to download all my releases. Downside is, it needs registration. Here is my thread link: https://www.squid-board.org/topic/20107-porcusgrunzus-re-engineered-soundtracks

Back