Deus Ex (Windows) (gamerip) (2000)

Great music, and great quality. The official Deus Ex Soundtrack did not include the battle music from the game, for some incomprehensibl e reason, (them being some of the best, blood-pumping pieces in there) but this collection appears to have all the music.

The soundtrack has a distinct, synth-techno sorta vibe to it that might not appeal to everybody. It was absolutely brilliant for setting the mood in the game, though, and if your music tastes are anything like mine, you'll enjoy the hell out of this on winamp, too.

This isn't meant for just listening to. It's ambient music, so it's not supposed to be too melodious except for a few themes.

It does it's job...VERY well in fact. It is easily the best ambient music I've ever heard in a video game. You can barely notice it repeating, because it sounds so right even after you've played the game 6 times.

This game had a very unusual quality about it that I have never encountered in any other game since, it gave the player a sense of purpose and meaning. Ive played this game around 6 times and if you search the net youll find many others have done so to.It is a bit of a mystery as to how this was achieved since the makers of the game tried to make sequels and did, but admittedly failed to recreate the same appeal of the first. I think the story was what gave it the purposefull feel and some of the meaning came from the realistic NPC relationships, but the music really amplified all these qualities drawing the player deeper and deeper into the game. This games music is in my opinion the best example of how a games music can tap into the spiritual side of a person and get them emotionally involved, dramatically improving the players experience.

It's made for a video game, so of course the tracks aren't very melodic. It's ambient music and purposely designed to not be distracting.

Because of the way it's made, it's perfect for listening to while doing other things.

This is my absolute favorite video game soundtrack. It has awesome moods, textures... has a very dark, cyberpunk, futuristic feel to it. Plus, there's some excellent guitar work by Reeves Gabrels (Mr. Futuristic-Guit ar himself!). All in all, you can't go wrong with this album on a rather dark, fall day :)

Trust nothing about what yoaXeen says, the soundtrack is one of the best in 2000 with its sense of Zeitgeist in the post-millennium . What a epic team for the music production.

Back