Playstation 3 System Sounds (PS3) (gamerip) (2006)

No problem! I found this by digging into the files in RPCS3, a PS3 emulator, which has a feature that allows you to emulate the XMB.

Ah I see. There were more files that existed, other than just the system sounds. There were graphics, xml files, etc. They were stored in a bunch of RCO files, so I extracted them using a tool. That's how I was able to get the files.

Ah I see. There were more files that existed, other than just the system sounds. There were graphics, xml files, etc. They were stored in a bunch of RCO files, so I extracted them using a tool. That's how I was able to get the files.
I see the PS3 Was the Black Sheep of the PlayStation Family I was a PS user till the PS Hack of 11' then i switched over to Xbox and haven't looked back

I've stuck with PS since the PS2 released. I currently have a PS3 and a PS5, so with their backwards compatability, I can pretty much play any Sony game 😂

I've stuck with PS since the PS2 released. I currently have a PS3 and a PS5, so with their backwards compatibility, I can pretty much play any Sony game 😂
wait I thought the PS3 only had Disc Backwards Compatibility with the Launch Versions of the PS3 20 GB 40 GB and 60 GB models! I do have a PS2 in my Collection though Its a Sliver Japanese Unit! the PS5 however is if i'm not mistaken physically compatible with PS4 Physical Discs while PS1 PS2 & PS3 Games are all digital if i'm not mistaken!

wait I thought the PS3 only had Disc Backwards Compatibility with the Launch Versions of the PS3 20 GB 40 GB and 60 GB models! I do have a PS2 in my Collection though Its a Sliver Japanese Unit! the PS5 however is if i'm not mistaken physically compatible with PS4 Physical Discs while PS1 PS2 & PS3 Games are all digital if i'm not mistaken!
Yes, you are correct.

Yes, you are correct.
that's what I thought! I really think the PS3 would had been a killer System if they allowed all their PS3 units to have Physical Backward Compatibility with PS2 & PS1 Discs I think there was a missed opportunity with the Backward Compatibility vs Digital Backward Compatibility of PS2 & PS1 on the PS3

All PS3s can play PS1 discs, as the PS1 BC was always emu. It's only PS2 BC that was HW, then partial HW, and then gone altogether.

Back