Unreal (Re-Engineered Soundtrack) (1998)

Thank you so much for uploading this. Massive download in flac format for sure, but well worth the time. Unreal will always be a masterpiece in my eyes, undoubtedly one of the greatest FPS games ever made. I often feel like shedding tears everytime I listen to some of these tracks, especially the themes of Harobed Village, The Temple of Vandora, and The Sunspire; so many great memories from those long gone days! I really, really can't wait for Unreal Redux to come out, even though I know the experience will never be as thrilling as in 1998.

What exactly is being changed, I wonder.
I do not post extensive changelogs here but you can always find them in my primary release thread over at Squid-Board: https://www.squid-board.org/topic/20107-porcusgrunzus-re-engineered-soundtracks

However, since you asked, here is the detailed changelog:

- Remastered EVERYTHING with RX9 Advanced
- Almost all clicking and crackling fixed
- Added some new tracks. CD3 Track 14, 15, 16, 20
- Made slight mixing adjustments to a very few tracks
- Added missing SkyTown action part to All Hallows Sunset Beta Version
- Slightly changed some of the track order and renamed some tracks for better accuracy
- 4 brand new covers for each part

The most notable change should be, that almost all of the clicks and crackles, that were due to the tracker music itself as well as the the samples used, are now gone and it sounds cleaner. And there are also some new beta versions and cues that were missing before. That goes btw for all the tracker releases Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Deus Ex.

Back