Super Mario World (NES) (gamerip)

Guest Reviewer

Registered
People that keep thinking this is some lame ripoff are all mistaken. Please actuallg do some research, since this is music from what would have been smw on the nes.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
Guys look up "SMW NES pirate" and it answers it all... Not very good except for the level themes...

If you are trying to remake an SNES game on an NES as a pirate don't use this one. SMAS would go a lot better...
... Just don't remake SMAS+SMW.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
Back when SMW (AKA Super Mario Bros. 4) was in development, there was two versions of the game planned. One for NES and another for SNES. At some point, the NES version was scrapped, and the SNES version got finished. There are unfinished ROMs of SMW for NES out there on the internet, and you can even find some vids on Youtube of a couple of levels.

Admi ttedly, NES versions of the music and the actual game are crappy and irritating, but I have to commend the effort, here, because I finally have a copy of the 8-bit Castle Theme, which I like.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
Do you guys mind if I explain where this actually comes from? Yeah, sure, SMW was meant to be on the NES, but this does not come from whatever happened to that project. The original game this came from was the Hummer Team port of SMW. Hummer Team is know for having a... less than excellent sound chip, thus spawning what we have here today. So, yeah. Thanks, Hummer Team.

All in all, this album is 10/10 top quality

NikoStarStorm

Registered
the mario world(NES bootleg) ost is a very very crap version of the real(SNES) version. this rips' quality is good as in it sounds like the tracks in game but the ost itself only has one good track(Valley of bowser)

Popuko2019

Registered
Everyone here should realize that this is the music from the NES Pirate DEMAKE of Super Mario World made by Hummer Team.
Other than that, the music is pretty bad, but then again, so are most of Hummer Team's music tracks.

SWPlaysMC

Registered & Uploader
Alright, enough about the question! I am gonna deliver some truth about the REAL origin of this music. 3 years after the official launch of Super Mario World, a team named Hummer Team (who you may know from making Somari) decided to bootleg the game for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Much is known enough for me to say that that is the real source, and if you go to another site and listen to the tracks here and there, you will most likely hear the exact same thing. Thus, this is where the music originates, and pretty much how this album exists.
PS. Whoops, forgot the sound engine. It is pretty much the same one used in Somari and Kart Fighter, other Mario themed bootlegs.

Last edited:

Minersteev

Registered
Alright, enough about the question! I am gonna deliver some truth about the REAL origin of this music. 3 years after the official launch of Super Mario World, a team named Hummer Team (who you may know from making Somari) decided to bootleg the game for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Much is known enough for me to say that that is the real source, and if you go to another site and listen to the tracks here and there, you will most likely hear the exact same thing. Thus, this is where the music originates, and pretty much how this album exists.

Standard 10/10 for me.

PS. Whoops, forgot the sound engine. It is pretty much the same one used in Somari and Kart Fighter, other Mario themed bootlegs.
THANK YOU! Someone who knows what it actually is!

SWPlaysMC

Registered & Uploader
Back when SMW (AKA Super Mario Bros. 4) was in development, there was two versions of the game planned. One for NES and another for SNES. At some point, the NES version was scrapped, and the SNES version got finished. There are unfinished ROMs of SMW for NES out there on the internet, and you can even find some vids on Youtube of a couple of levels.

Admi ttedly, NES versions of the music and the actual game are crappy and irritating, but I have to commend the effort, here, because I finally have a copy of the 8-bit Castle Theme, which I like.
And admittedly, that copypasta I just quoted is not true.
There was NEVER an OFFICIAL plan to release this on the NES/Dendy, so instead of copying someone else's post, read my answer instead. It took me FOREVER to piece it, but I did it. What you are really mentioning is the Hummer Team demake.

Last edited: