Super Mario World (NES) (gamerip)

Guest Reviewer

Registered
It sounds irritatingly painful at parts but Hummer Team still did a good job with the NES pirate game's music.

The pirate was released in 1997 and is probably one of the most known pirate games ever made, due to its "poor" music and great accuracy of level portation.

N ote that the only way to find the full ROM is in the JY-120 45-in-1 multicart, or the (Unl) ROM with no mark. [b1] and [a1] are unfinished copies of the game.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
"Back when SMW (AKA Super Mario Bros. 4) was in development, there was two versions of the game planned. One for NES and another for SNES. At some point, the NES version was scrapped, and the SNES version got finished. There are unfinished ROMs of SMW for NES out there on the internet, and you can even find some vids on Youtube of a couple of levels. "

Do you know about bootleg games? THIS Super Mario World is one of them.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
Guys. You can't read, obviously. Go to school.

Its from a NES pirate of SMW, and pirates are NEVER to be expected to sound perfect, but...I gotta tell you, I think its kinda catchy. Please stop giving mean comments now.

Its not the OST creator's fault.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
"Terrible, not real songs at all. I don't understand what kind of acid the person was on who posted before me, but this OST blows."

You are on a thing called "I can't read". You (obviously) can't read with it.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
All these song are hilarious compared to the SNES version, trying to imitate the original on an older console is ridiculous! Ten out of ten.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
This particular set of tracks are from a pirate bootleg version of Super Mario World developed by a Taiwanese developer named Hummer Team. There wasn't ever an official NES version of SMW even in development and pretty much anything claiming this is actually the bootleg.

The game itself is not that bad of an approximation of Super Mario World. The physics are off, but around 2/3 of the game is there and the present levels are mostly identical to the official SNES game. It even has Yoshi, which Nintendo said was impossible on the NES.

Obviously, from what can be heard from above, the sound isn't right either. The tracks are from Super Mario World, but really don't sound right even for an NES game. Compared to what the NES was capable of as heard in official games, this particular soundtrack leaves a lot to be desired.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
I don't know about an NES rip, but for those who say it isn't Super Mario World has anyone ever listened to the tracks from the virtual boy version? Because it also existed and is a possibility.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
Back when SMW (AKA Super Mario Bros. 4) was in development, there was two versions of the game planned. One for NES and another for SNES. At some point, the NES version was scrapped, and the SNES version got finished. There are unfinished ROMs of SMW for NES out there on the internet.

Admittedly, NES versions of the music and the actual game are shoddy and irritating, but I have to commend the effort,

Guest Reviewer

Registered
i hate the people who say "this sucks it isnt the right one" or something, they cant even read the title, which says that its the nes one not the snes one