Super Mario World (NES) (gamerip)

Guest Reviewer

Registered
This is not Super Mario World Soundtrack. It is just some cheap immitation. As far as I know the real music is not on this site. The other Super Mario World Selection is not even the right game.

skaichan

Registered
Is this really the same game? I have this game at home, and I could have sworn (on my life) that the songs were higher quality than this. I guess I would just have to agree with the url, which states: super-mario-world-nes-rip. It just sounds more like NES than SNES. Try comparing this to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. They only conceivable excuse is that Nintendo got better at making music, but that's full of crap. So all in all, crap versions of good songs. They just don't do it justice.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
This is a crappy version of the songs...I don't know where it came from, but it's definitely not just a straight rip. Not worth your time.

IsaCandy

Registered
Sounds terrible... I have played the game many, many times and I'm sure this is not the SNES rip. Not only is the score not exact to the original, the sound is also not of the 16-bit quality that comes with SNES. Sounds more like an 8-bit synth to me.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
this is the nes rip of the pirate port of super mario world to the nes. it is a pirate game. the ending theme is what i like about this game...thats it. this game was a crappy pirate, thats all.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
Notice how it says "NES rip"? I thought for sure this game was for the SNES...either this is some NES version of the game, or some mistake...

Guest Reviewer

Registered
You guys are idiots. It says right in the title its an NES rip. Youtube it, Super Mario World was unfinished on the NES before they moved the project over to the SNES, the music was coded for the older system first.

This is actually quite a rare find, but its more of something to just have instead of being enjoyable to listen to.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
I believe, this is another game. It says NES rip, not SNES. I believe there was another release on Nintendo before the one on Super Nintendo came out. Look it up, people.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
Alrighty. Listen up, you douches, because I'm going to deliver an industrial grade dose of truth. Back when SMW (AKA Super Mario Bros. 4) was in development, there was two versions of the game planned. One for NES and another for SNES. At some point, the NES version was scrapped, and the SNES version got finished. There are unfinished ROMs of SMW for NES out there on the internet, and you can even find some vids on Youtube of a couple of levels.

Admittedly, NES versions of the music and the actual game are crappy and irritating, but I have to commend the effort, here, because I finally have a copy of the 8-bit Castle Theme, which I like.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
Back when SMW (AKA Super Mario Bros. 4) was in development, there was two versions of the game planned. One for NES and another for SNES. At some point, the NES version was scrapped, and the SNES version got finished. There are unfinished ROMs of SMW for NES out there on the internet, and you can even find some vids on Youtube of a couple of levels.

Admittedly, NES versions of the music and the actual game are shoddy and irritating, but I have to commend the effort, here, because I finally have a copy of the 8-bit Castle Theme, which I like.

Guest Reviewer

Registered
This soundtrack's kinda like the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead, it's either good or horrid. Some tracks (the credits, the underwater theme, the castle theme, the land theme, the life lost theme, the Vanilla Dome theme and the Forest of Illusion theme) sound really good with the NES soundfont. The rest of the tracks hurt my ears and are the kind of bleeps and bloops that people think all NES and Game Boy style music is.

I appreciate the effort behind this and how hard it must have been but I can't help but squirm at some of the tracks.