Super Mario 64 Original Soundtrack (1996)

No other Mario soundtrack brings back as much nostalgia to me as this one. I remember playing the DS remake alot back then but I've since played the original N64 game. I remember being scared of Big Boo's Haunt and Hazy Maze Cave as a kid.

No other Mario soundtrack brings back as much nostalgia to me as this one. I remember playing the DS remake alot back then but I've since played the original N64 game. I remember being scared of Big Boo's Haunt and Hazy Maze Cave as a kid.
I played the DS version first, but I only played the mini games which were really fun. As for the main game, I didn't get very far in the DS version because I sucked at video games as a kid. Two years ago, I finally played the original version and I completed it with 120 stars (I played the game off the Wii U because it was still open at that time).

I played the DS version first, but I only played the mini games which were really fun. As for the main game, I didn't get very far in the DS version because I sucked at video games as a kid. Two years ago, I finally played the original version and I completed it with 120 stars (I played the game off the Wii U because it was still open at that time).
My favorite minigames as a kid was the one where you launch Spinies at parachuting Bomb-Ombs and the trampolining one with the Marios.

Personally I wouldn't really consider Mario one of my top favorite series or games for soundtracks, but they are nice to listen to every now and then.
I completely agree with you. While I think the Mario series has great games and all, it's not one of my top favorite franchises like Mega Man, Castlevania, or Devil May Cry. Whenever I'm in the mood for some Mario action, I'll replay some Mario games, but it isn't something I'll replay on a constant basis.

Personally I wouldn't really consider Mario one of my top favorite series or games for soundtracks, but they are nice to listen to every now and then.
I mean, I'd say Sonic music is better but nah, Mario music still goes hard, especially the 3D games and spin-offs. Galaxy, 3D World, Odyssey, Mario Kart, Mario Party, the RPGs, etc.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you. While I think the Mario series has great games and all, it's not one of my top favorite franchises like Mega Man, Castlevania, or Devil May Cry. Whenever I'm in the mood for some Mario action, I'll replay some Mario games, but it isn't something I'll replay on a constant basis.
Mario is peak. Then again, my gaming tastes consist of: Mario, Sonic, Metroid... uh, Undertale & Deltarune... Ace Attorney, and that's about it. And you could easily call me a Nintendo fanboy since I literally don't play on PlayStation or Xbox anymore. Still don't have a reason to get a PS5. A lot of people don't lol.

Last edited:
Mario is peak. Then again, my gaming tastes consist of: Mario, Sonic, Metroid... uh, Undertale & Deltarune... Ace Attorney, and that's about it. And you could easily call me a Nintendo fanboy since I literally don't play on PlayStation or Xbox anymore. Still don't have a reason to get a PS5. Then again, nobody does lol.
Metroid is a interesting name drop because I've been meaning to give that series a try for a while now. However, I've never gotten around to it because there was always another game that I decided I wanted to buy instead. Even when the Wii U shop was open, I didn't bother buying a Metroid game because there were other games I wanted to play like Super Mario 64, Super Punch Out, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts, both Nintendo 64 Zelda games, and Super Mario Bros 2 (the Famicom game that's known as the Lost Levels in the U.S.). I also gave another franchise that same treatment where I would put it off for a while and or never play it. That other franchise is Final Fantasy, but recently, I gave it a shot again and this time I actually finished one game of that series and the very first game I beat in that franchise was Final Fantasy IX (which is one of my all time favorite games). The next game I plan to play is a toss up between Final Fantasy V (pixel remaster), Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, or Final Fantasy III (pixel remaster). So, maybe, I'll eventually give Metroid the same treatment.
P.S. I forgot Undertale was a game let alone that it apparently has a sequel:l

Metroid is a interesting name drop because I've been meaning to give that series a try for a while now. However, I've never gotten around to it because there was always another game that I decided I wanted to buy instead. Even when the Wii U shop was open, I didn't bother buying a Metroid game because there were other games I wanted to play like Super Mario 64, Super Punch Out, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts, both Nintendo 64 Zelda games, and Super Mario Bros 2 (the Famicom game that's known as the Lost Levels in the U.S.). I also gave another franchise that same treatment where I would put it off for a while and or never play it. That other franchise is Final Fantasy, but recently, I gave it a shot again and this time I actually finished one game of that series and the very first game I beat in that franchise was Final Fantasy IX (which is one of my all time favorite games). The next game I plan to play is a toss up between Final Fantasy V (pixel remaster), Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, or Final Fantasy III (pixel remaster). So, maybe, I'll eventually give Metroid the same treatment.
P.S. I forgot Undertale was a game let alone that it apparently has a sequel:l
For me, one of the series I've been meaning to try out is Pikmin. It seems fun, but I haven't gotten around to playing any of the games for the same reason. There's other games I also want to buy like Ghost Trick, Apollo Justice Trilogy, Penny's Big Breakaway, Another Code, and of course, the Paper Mario TTYD remake. I also need to finish my playthrough of the OG TTYD, play Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and play Mario RPG.

Back