Metroid - Super Metroid (SNES) (gamerip) (1994)

I've never even gotten close to beating a Metroid game, but I like this series. I remember trying the game on my SNES Classic years ago and I got hooked. The beginning of the game is a great way to hook the player, even newcomers who don't know anything about the story. Backtracking is fun? Impossible! The music and atmosphere are amazing. The game is challenging. I remember when I first played, I had way too much trouble with (spoilers) the Chozo statue encounter. Of course, I never beat the game because I never finish anything anymore, but I love it so much. I even replayed it a few months ago and got further than the first time I played but I still didn't finish it.
Now that Metroid Prime Remastered is out, it would probably be a good time to start playing the Metroid games again. As of typing this, I've tried playing Metroid 1 and 2 (the originals) before but it's hard to get into especially when there's no map. I wish I could replay Super Metroid without any prior knowledge. The only other game I've played is Dread, which I've only played up until the second area. Dread is really good so far too. But I really need to start actually finishing games that I start playing. It's a bad habit I guess. I start doing something and then eventually I get more interested in some other thing and don't end up finishing what I'm doing. They're basically phases. I could be in a Sonic phase for a few weeks and then go into an Ace Attorney phase the next few, and so on.
Anyways, I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't played this game. If you haven't, go play it right now because it's amazing. And, again, you don't need to have any prior experience with the Metroid series or knowledge of the lore.

I've never even gotten close to beating a Metroid game, but I like this series. I remember trying the game on my SNES Classic years ago and I got hooked. The beginning of the game is a great way to hook the player, even newcomers who don't know anything about the story. Backtracking is fun? Impossible! The music and atmosphere are amazing. The game is challenging. I remember when I first played, I had way too much trouble with (spoilers) the Chozo statue encounter. Of course, I never beat the game because I never finish anything anymore, but I love it so much. I even replayed it a few months ago and got further than the first time I played but I still didn't finish it.
Now that Metroid Prime Remastered is out, it would probably be a good time to start playing the Metroid games again. As of typing this, I've tried playing Metroid 1 and 2 (the originals) before but it's hard to get into especially when there's no map. I wish I could replay Super Metroid without any prior knowledge. The only other game I've played is Dread, which I've only played up until the second area. Dread is really good so far too. But I really need to start actually finishing games that I start playing. It's a bad habit I guess. I start doing something and then eventually I get more interested in some other thing and don't end up finishing what I'm doing. They're basically phases. I could be in a Sonic phase for a few weeks and then go into an Ace Attorney phase the next few, and so on.
Anyways, I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't played this game. If you haven't, go play it right now because it's amazing. And, again, you don't need to have any prior experience with the Metroid series or knowledge of the lore.
I remember when I first played Super Metroid a year ago or so and I got lost at some point and I quit playing it for a good couple of months. I eventually managed to beat the game after a month or two. Despite that, the game itself is pretty short if you know where to go. I've beaten this game twice now and it was fun to speed through the game, obtain the upgrades and weapons, beat all the bosses the second time. I even managed to get the best ending that time. This game is probably one of my top favorite SNES games now along with Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X, Diddy's Kong Quest, and Kirby Super Star. But anyways I hope you'll eventually beat it, unless you've already have which in that case, congratulations! I've been thinking of checking out the Prime series someday too but I don't have an easy way to get those games aside from emulation.

Update: I beat Metroid Prime Remastered. Great game.

Back