Mega Man 7 (SNES, 3DS, Windows, PS4, Xbox One) (gamerip) (1995)

Mega Man 7 on SNES is an awesome game. The handling is excellent, the level design is original and the graphics are very nice.

This title contains a lot of good ideas, such as the Super Adapter or the possibility of interacting with the scenery thanks to certain special weapons. But contrary to what you might think, this is not the first Mega Man to introduce Weapon Tanks, Special Tanks, and an item purchase system (it comes down to Mega Man World 4).

The music is absolutely beautiful, my favorites being Stage Select, Junk Man, Slash Man, Wily Stage 1 + 3 and Final Boss.

A much better opus than the first 6.
Rating for the game and the soundtrack: 85%
For Me, Mega Man 7's Soundtrack Is Good, But Not Great. The Some Of The Level Changing add sets Are Ripped Straight From Mega Man X. Such The Ice Freezing The Heat For Example. This Is Also The Last Game That Has Passwords Of The Classic Series. The Stages Are Still Fun By The Way. Mega Man 7 Brings Back The Difficulty Unlike 5 & 6. That Final Boss Can Go Screw Itself. In My Top 10 Hardest Bosses [Retro], I Put Him On Number 6.

For Me, Mega Man 7's Soundtrack Is Good, But Not Great. The Some Of The Level Changing add sets Are Ripped Straight From Mega Man X. Such The Ice Freezing The Heat For Example. This Is Also The Last Game That Has Passwords Of The Classic Series. The Stages Are Still Fun By The Way. Mega Man 7 Brings Back The Difficulty Unlike 5 & 6. That Final Boss Can Go Screw Itself. In My Top 10 Hardest Bosses [Retro], I Put Him On Number 6.
I'm not sure some (not all) tier-changing add-on sets will be picked up from MMX. It was reportedly planned to be able to use Atomic Fire to burn trees at Wood Man level in MM2, but this idea was dropped due to technical limitations of the NES.
It's so true that the final boss is super tough. I had to use 4 E-Tanks and 1 S-Tank to be successful. In truth, there are much worse, like Singe of Dragon's Lair NES.

I Usually Count The Gameboy Games As A Series Of They're Own.
I consider Game Boy games to be part of the classic series because of the content present which is extremely similar to NES games (Same case for Mega Man Xtreme). But that's fine with me if you consider them as another series.

I'm not sure some (not all) tier-changing add-on sets will be picked up from MMX. It was reportedly planned to be able to use Atomic Fire to burn trees at Wood Man level in MM2, but this idea was dropped due to technical limitations of the NES.
It's so true that the final boss is super tough. I had to use 4 E-Tanks and 1 S-Tank to be successful. In truth, there are much worse, like Singe of Dragon's Lair NES.
Yeah I Watched A YouTube Video On Mega Man 2 Facts. And I Know Of Dragon's Lair From AVGN. (2018).

I consider Game Boy games to be part of the classic series because of the content present which is extremely similar to NES games (Same case for Mega Man Xtreme). But that's fine with me if you consider them as another series.
Mega Man Xtreme Is Part Of The X Series. You Don't Have To Play Xtreme 1 By The Way Because It's Just X1 & X2 On Gameboy Color.

Mega Man Xtreme Is Part Of The X Series. You Don't Have To Play Xtreme 1 By The Way Because It's Just X1 & X2 On Gameboy Color.
I agree that Mega Man Xtreme lacks new features. Despite this, I really enjoyed this title for reasons that will be specified when I write my review on this game (it will happen soon).

I agree that Mega Man Xtreme lacks new features. Despite this, I really enjoyed this title for reasons that will be specified when I write my review on this game (it will happen soon).
For Me, Mega Man Xtreme 1 & 2 Are Mediocre Or Just Okay At Best For Me. I'm Not Gonna Review These At All Unless Requested.

Last edited:
Yeah. Like Freeze Man Stage.

Mega man 7 is great! I like the soundtrack (my favorites: wily stages 1, 3 and 4, spring man stage, opening stage, boss battle, turbo man stage and shop theme)! Beat is also fixed and became more useful (same thing with 11 done). He can grab mega man, after he falls to the pit (beat can be useful in wily stage 1). Rush search is ok and rush can get special items. That's a great idea to mix power and jet adaptors into super adaptor and I use it SOOOOO many times. I sometimes getting angry, cuz' of freeze man stage and wily stage 1... I also like ghost n' goblins (or something) easter egg. Weapon lineup is good. Robot masters are also good. I almost forgot about the story! Story is good, because story begins from wily's escape from the prison. Wily is history (you can also see this in first dialogues)! Probably, great game and good soundtrack.
My favorite robot master is Freeze man
My least favorite robot master is... um... I don't have any least favorites)
Soundtrack: B
Game: A

Mega man 7 is great! I like the soundtrack (my favorites: wily stages 1, 3 and 4, spring man stage, opening stage, boss battle, turbo man stage and shop theme)! Beat is also fixed and became more useful (same thing with 11 done). He can grab mega man, after he falls to the pit (beat can be useful in wily stage 1). Rush search is ok and rush can get special items. That's a great idea to mix power and jet adaptors into super adaptor and I use it SOOOOO many times. I sometimes getting angry, cuz' of freeze man stage and wily stage 1... I also like ghost n' goblins (or something) easter egg. Weapon lineup is good. Robot masters are also good. I almost forgot about the story! Story is good, because story begins from wily's escape from the prison. Wily is history (you can also see this in first dialogues)! Probably, great game and good soundtrack.
My favorite robot master is Freeze man
My least favorite robot master is... um... I don't have any least favorites)
Soundtrack: B
Game: A
As for me, Mega Man 7 is a great game with a fantastic robot master line up, fun stages, fine weapons, fun rush adapters, and that great Ghosts n' Goblins Easter egg. The soundtrack is good, but it's not as good as Mega Man 2, 3, 4, or 6. My favorite weapons in this game are thunder bolt, junk shield, and the slash claw. The story is basic, but it's not extremely stupid like Mega Man 5 and 6's stories.
Rating: 7.2/10.
Soundtrack: 6.4/10.

I love how they were like Uh oh, there's a spinoff called MegaMan X now. We gotta stop using roman numerals, before it's too late!

That's just what I imagined.

I love how they were like Uh oh, there's a spinoff called MegaMan X now. We gotta stop using roman numerals, before it's too late!

That's just what I imagined.
Mega Man X is a sequel series, but that is pretty accurate on what they were thinking. If they kept using Roman numerals, the actual Mega Man 10 would be called Mega Man XII.

This is my favorite classic Mega Man game. It has graphics I always liked, and bosses and stages that were interesting. The soundtrack is unique like MM8's or MMX4's and I really love it. The soundtrack made the game complete and really elevated it. Some people hate this game, and I can't see why. And that part were Mega Man threatens to kill Dr. Wily, like wow! Slow down there Mega, don't get ahead of yourself there. And also, type in 1415, 5585, 7823, 6251 on the password screen for a nice surprise, and make sure to invite a friend over...

This is my favorite classic Mega Man game. It has graphics I always liked, and bosses and stages that were interesting. The soundtrack is unique like MM8's or MMX4's and I really love it. The soundtrack made the game complete and really elevated it. Some people hate this game, and I can't see why. And that part were Mega Man threatens to kill Dr. Wily, like wow! Slow down there Mega, don't get ahead of yourself there. And also, type in 1415, 5585, 7823, 6251 on the password screen for a nice surprise, and make sure to invite a friend over...
To me, Mega Man 7 is a great installment in the series with fun bosses, great stages, a great soundtrack, and a decent set of weapons (My favorites are Slash Claw, Thunder Bolt, and Junk Shield). I honestly don't know why Mega Man 7 is hated so much because Classic Mega Man was eventually gonna make his jump to the SNES like so many other franchises did like Mario, Castlevania, Gradius, Metroid, Contra, Zelda, etc. Also, what does that password trigger? Just curious.

To me, Mega Man 7 is a great installment in the series with fun bosses, great stages, a great soundtrack, and a decent set of weapons (My favorites are Slash Claw, Thunder Bolt, and Junk Shield). I honestly don't know why Mega Man 7 is hated so much because Classic Mega Man was eventually gonna make his jump to the SNES like so many other franchises did like Mario, Castlevania, Gradius, Metroid, Contra, Zelda, etc. Also, what does that password trigger? Just curious.
The password triggers a hidden Versus mode. There is only one stage to fight in but the music is randomized. The two playable characters are Mega Man and Bass. This is the first time Bass was playable in a mega man game.

The password triggers a hidden Versus mode. There is only one stage to fight in but the music is randomized. The two playable characters are Mega Man and Bass. This is the first time Bass was playable in a mega man game.
Oh sweet, I heard about that from Gemini Laser in his Mega Man 7 Bloopers, Glitches, version differences, etc.

Back