Mega Man 7 (SNES, 3DS, Windows, PS4, Xbox One) (gamerip) (1995)

Mega Man 7 has a good soundtrack. I think all the songs in this game sound good, but it's not something that I'll listen to outside of the game. As for the game itself, it's amazing. It has fun stages with weapons that can effect some things in the stages themselves like the weather in Cloud Man's stage for example. The weapons themselves aren't very good, but the useful ones are quite powerful and fun to use which are the Slash Claw, Junk Shield, and Thunder Bolt. The bosses themselves are great with fun patterns that are hard to dodge and difficult to learn. Also, you can use some weapons on bosses to do some fun things like if you use Thunder Bolt against Spring Man, it'll turn him into a magnet or if you use Freeze Man's weapon against him, he'll do his Robot Master pose again. Overall, Mega Man 7 is a amazing game with great stages, okay weapons excluding three of them, fun and challenging bosses, and a good soundtrack.
Soundtrack: 6.5/10.
Game: 8.1/10

Last edited:
Oh man, this game is just great, my favorite Mega Man on the Classic titles.
It's not the best classic title, but it's one of my personal favorites. Honestly, I think Mega Man 3, 9, 4, and 2 are better then 7, but that's just me.

Last edited:
By far my favorite game in the classic series. Mega Man 7 has a few problems, but the pros out weigh the cons in my eyes. The game looks beautiful, and sounds beautiful. Even if Mega Man controls a little odd and he's more bulky. The robot masters are all cool with fun designs and the stage design is great. Plenty of secrets like the password for the versus mode and Shade Man's Stage having a secret theme are all nice little additions to the game. The soundtrack is almost perfect with a few of the Wily Stage themes and Shade Man's secret theme being kinda meh. I'd revisit this one in a heart beat.

By far my favorite game in the classic series. Mega Man 7 has a few problems, but the pros out weigh the cons in my eyes. The game looks beautiful, and sounds beautiful. Even if Mega Man controls a little odd and he's more bulky. The robot masters are all cool with fun designs and the stage design is great. Plenty of secrets like the password for the versus mode and Shade Man's Stage having a secret theme are all nice little additions to the game. The soundtrack is almost perfect with a few of the Wily Stage themes and Shade Man's secret theme being kinda meh. I'd revisit this one in a heart beat.
I absolutely agree. Mega Man 7 was the perfect transition for the classic series from the NES to the SNES. It has great stages with fun setpieces and mini bosses, decent weapons like the Thunder Bolt, Slash Claw, and Junk Shield, fun bosses, a great line up of Robot Masters, a great soundtrack, a ton of fun easter eggs like the Ghosts n' Goblins remix for Shade Man's stage, the 2 player versus mode, and some of the weapons do fun things when you hit a robot master with it. Such as when you hit Freeze Man with his own weapon, he'll do his Robot Master pose again or when you hit Spring Man with Thunder Bolt, you'll turn him into a magnet.

I just realized that this game's opening theme is an arrangement of Mega Man 6's credits theme, much like how MM2's opening is an arrangement of MM1's credits.

Such a great follow up to the NES "hexology". Great stages, memorable bosses, fun if not exactly the most practical special weapons, and a ton of cool secrets. Quite impressive for something made in a handful of months. Though I never liked the music as much as the NES titles, even I think Rockman & Forte had a better soundtrack than this one though I still consider it good on the whole. Not a single track I dislike aside from the password music, it irritates me for some reason.

Back