Mega Man 4 (NES, Family Computer) (gamerip) (1991)

An excellent soundtrack that could do with some revisions. Some tracks have the Megaman entrance blip sound, which could be cut out by ripping from the game, or even by recording from the Legacy Collection music player. In addition, none of the tracks fade out, which could be a positive for some people, but I much prefer fading to an abrupt end.

Mega Man 4's Soundtrack Isn't As Good As Mega Man 2's And Mega Man 3. But, It still Has A amazing Soundtrack. My favorites Being Toad Man, Weapon Get, Stage Select, Boss Music, & Ring Man. The Game Itself Well Also Not Being As Good as 2 & 3, It's Still A Great Game Overall. Soundtrack 7/10. Game:6.5/10.

Mega Man 4's Soundtrack Isn't As Good As Mega Man 2's And Mega Man 3. But, It still Has A amazing Soundtrack. My favorites Being Toad Man, Weapon Get, Stage Select, Boss Music, & Ring Man. The Game Itself Well Also Not Being As Good as 2 & 3, It's Still A Great Game Overall. Soundtrack 7/10. Game:6.5/10.
If 4's is amazing, then how would you describe 2 and 3's?

If 4's is amazing, then how would you describe 2 and 3's?
Mega Man 2's Soundtrack is By Far The Best Soundtrack of classic Mega Man. Mega Man 3's Soundtrack Is Pretty Solid But It Falls Short To Mega Man 2.

Last edited:
Mega Man 4 is definitely my favorite NES Mega Man.

The controls are less rigid than those of MM3, the level design improved, the addition of the fantastic Charged Mega Buster and there are nice graphics (kind better than their predecessors).

The soundtrack is amazing! Most of the music is successful, the best being Dive Man, Pharaoh Man and Cossack Fortress 2. For some reason, the Wily's Defeat jingle looks like a theme from Back to the Future.

This is where the Mega Man started to exploit their full potential.
Rating for the game and the soundtrack: 80%
Also, Cossack Fortress 2 and Wily Castle 1 tracks are reversed. Could someone correct this?

Last edited:

The controls are less rigid than those of MM3, the level design improved, the addition of the fantastic Charged Mega Buster and there are nice graphics (kind better than their predecessors).

The soundtrack is amazing! Most of the music is successful, the best being Dive Man, Pharaoh Man and Cossack Fortress 2. For some reason, the Wily's Defeat jingle looks like a theme from Back to the Future.

Also, Cossack Fortress 2 and Wily Castle 1 tracks are reversed. Could someone correct this?
To Me, Mega Man 4 Is Underrated. The Soundtrack Isn't As Good As Mega Man 3, But The Soundtrack Is Pretty Awesome & It Definitely Belongs In A Top 10 Or Even 5 Mega Man Soundtracks List. My Favorites Being Toad Man, Ring Man, The Title Theme, Bright Man, The Stage Select, & The Amazing Weapon Get Theme. I Can't Answer Your Question Because I Beaten This Game Dozens Of Times And I'm Not Sure About That. Mega Man 4's Difficulty Isn't Too Easy Nor Too Hard Like Ghosts N Goblins Or Ninja Gaiden III. Mega Man 4 Is The Last Of The NES Saga That Has Difficult Sections. Mega Man 5 & 6 Are Too Easy. (To Clarify, I Still Think Mega Man 6 Is A Good Game).

To Me, Mega Man 4 Is Underrated. The Soundtrack Isn't As Good As Mega Man 3, But The Soundtrack Is Pretty Awesome & It Definitely Belongs In A Top 10 Or Even 5 Mega Man Soundtracks List. My Favorites Being Toad Man, Ring Man, The Title Theme, Bright Man, The Stage Select, & The Amazing Weapon Get Theme. I Can't Answer Your Question Because I Beaten This Game Dozens Of Times And I'm Not Sure About That. Mega Man 4's Difficulty Isn't Too Easy Nor Too Hard Like Ghosts N Goblins Or Ninja Gaiden III. Mega Man 4 Is The Last Of The NES Saga That Has Difficult Sections. Mega Man 5 & 6 Are Too Easy. (To Clarify, I Still Think Mega Man 6 Is A Good Game).
MM4 is not under rated. I just think that some were disappointed with this opus, thinking that it would be "better" than MM2 or 3 (I am not).
I forgot to specify, but I really like the music from Ring Man, Intro Part 2 and Title Screen.
I still find that Mega Man 5 & 6 remain tough (Wave Man, Gyro Man, Plant Man, Mr. X ...), but not as much as 1-4, it's true.

Last edited:
MM4 is not under rated. I just think that some were disappointed with this opus, thinking that it would be "better" than MM2 or 3 (I am not).
I forgot to specify, but I really like the music from Ring Man, Intro Part 2 and Title Screen.
I still find that Mega Man 5 & 6 remain tough (Wave Man, Gyro Man, Plant Man, Mr. X ...), but not as much as 1-4, it's true.
I Was Talking About The Game For Mega Man 4. For Me, Mega Man 5 & 6 Have No Challenging Parts Besides One Part In Both Games. The Spike Section In Dark Man Stage 2 (Mega Man 5) & The Secret Path With 4 Extra Lives In (Mega Man 6).

I strongly agree!
Mega man 4 is also my favorite NES Mega man!
Charged mega buster is effective and really useful! There are some trolls in Cossack Fortress stage 1, but that's not the big problem. Soundtrack is really amazing! Favorites being Toad man, Pharaoh man, Skull man, Cossack fortress 2, Wily castle 2 and Wily capsule. Weapons are 2nd best in original Mega man series (1st is MM9), but not dust crusher. I think Dr Cossack lives in Russia (like me), because his fortress is pretty interesting and similar. Overall amazing soundtrack and game too.
My favorite robot master is Ring man
My least favorite robot master is Toad man
Soundtrack: A
Game: S
Also this is my 5th favorite Mega man.

Here's my top 5 list
5. Mega man 4 (NES)
4. Mega man powered up (PSP)
3. Mega man III (GB)
2. Mega man 10 (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360)
1. Mega man X5 (PSX)

Here's my top 5 list
5. Mega man 4 (NES)
3. Mega man III (GB)
1. Mega man X5 (PSX)
Mega man X5 is a little too high for it's own good. Aside from that and maybe mega man III (GB), that's about it.

I Was Talking About The Game For Mega Man 4. For Me, Mega Man 5 & 6 Have No Challenging Parts Besides One Part In Both Games. The Spike Section In Dark Man Stage 2 (Mega Man 5) & The Secret Path With 4 Extra Lives In (Mega Man 6).

I strongly agree!
Mega man 4 is also my favorite NES Mega man!
Charged mega buster is effective and really useful! There are some trolls in Cossack Fortress stage 1, but that's not the big problem. Soundtrack is really amazing! Favorites being Toad man, Pharaoh man, Skull man, Cossack fortress 2, Wily castle 2 and Wily capsule. Weapons are 2nd best in original Mega man series (1st is MM9), but not dust crusher. I think Dr Cossack lives in Russia (like me), because his fortress is pretty interesting and similar. Overall amazing soundtrack and game too.
My favorite robot master is Ring man
My least favorite robot master is Toad man
Soundtrack: A
Game: S
Also this is my 5th favorite Mega man.
For me, Mega man 4 is a great game, but it isn't as good as Mega man 2 or 3. The stages are really fun, the soundtrack is great (namely the weapon get theme), the robot master line up is good (Besides bright man, dust man, and toad man), the bosses are fun and challenging, and the weapons are great! (Besides skull barrier and dust crusher). However, the charge shot sound is really annoying, but it's useful. Lastly, I hate the final boss. Not because it's hard or anything, I hate it because every classic series game after four has the same final boss. (I hope mega man 12 won't have the same final boss).
Soundtrack: 7.5/10.
Game: 6.9/10.

Here's my top 5 list
5. Mega man 4 (NES)
3. Mega man III (GB)
1. Mega man X5 (PSX)
Oops... Wrong top 5 list.
5. Mega man powered up (PSP)
4. Mega man III (GB)
3. Mega man X4 (PSX)
1. Mega man X5 (PSX)
Mega man 4 is now my 6th favorite Mega man, because I already beat Mega man X4 and this game (MMX4) is now in my top 5 list.

Mega man X5 is a little too high for it's own good. Aside from that and maybe mega man III (GB), that's about it.
My top 5 are:
Mega Man 10 (Wii)
Mega Man 6 (NES)
Mega Man X3 (SNES)
Mega Man 9 (Wii)
Mega Man 5 (NES)

My 6-10:
Mega Man 3 (NES)
Mega Man Powered Up (PSP)
Mega Man X2 (SNES)
Mega Man X4 (PSX)
Mega Man 8 (PSX, Saturn)

My top 5 are:
Mega Man 10 (Wii)
Mega Man 6 (NES)
Mega Man X3 (SNES)
Mega Man 9 (Wii)
Mega Man 5 (NES)

My 6-10:
Mega Man 3 (NES)
Mega Man Powered Up (PSP)
Mega Man X2 (SNES)
Mega Man X4 (PSX)
Mega Man 8 (PSX, Saturn)
I disagree on Mega Man 5 and Mega Man 8. As of Mega Man Powered Up, I haven't played that game yet.

Back