Fallout 3 (Re-Engineered Soundtrack) (2008)

Thank you. About two months ago I actually tried to play the game again after so many years, with a handful of mods installed, but man has it aged badly; the gameplay is simply godawful, but the music it's as good as ever.

This album was updated on 27th of December, 2022.
I usually do not point out every update on this website since you can find all these notes on my Squid-Board thread anyway (https://www.squid-board.org/topic/20107-porcusgrunzus-re-engineered-soundtracks) but in this case I want to point the new update out since its quite a big difference. Basically I remade this release from scratch involving delossifying and declipping and many more improvements. Bethesda never released a proper sounding lossless soundtrack of this game and all the music is based on ingame 128-192kbits CBR MP3s, even if you purchase it in FLAC digitally, which is why I made this. Since a picture can say more than thousand words: Uhm, the upper spectrum picture is the one for the second track and vice versa. So yeah, the second track in Audacity is the remastered one with less limiting and lossless specs. I just noticed that this might be confusing.

Thank you. About two months ago I actually tried to play the game again after so many years, with a handful of mods installed, but man has it aged badly; the gameplay is simply godawful, but the music it's as good as ever.
Awww, I still love the game and replay it often. I like it way more than Fallout 4. I think it plays great but then again I play only with mods nowadays. I guess I would also be hard pressed to play without quickloot in 2023... Furthermore I recommend TTW, which is a mod that ports the game into Fallout New Vegas including all the improvements and better mod support.

Im replaying it rn wit zero mods and its fantastic, you are crazy. Though the combat can feel a bit crap when enemies take a million hits, though vats is satisfying to me.
Even with that said, the writing and characters are just fantastic. Never did a true evil playthrough and theres so many funny and cool dialogue.

Im replaying it rn wit zero mods and its fantastic, you are crazy. Though the combat can feel a bit crap when enemies take a million hits, though vats is satisfying to me.
Even with that said, the writing and characters are just fantastic. Never did a true evil playthrough and theres so many funny and cool dialogue.
Sounds to me like you're the crazy one, considering the vast majority of people wouldn't go anywhere near this game without mods installed. If you want to play an unmodded Bethesda game featuring a million bugs, terrible animations and everything else we're familiar with... well, that's on you.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you're the crazy one, considering the vast majority of people wouldn't go anywhere near this game without mods installed. If you want to play an unmodded Bethesda game featuring a million bugs, terrible animations and everything else we're familiar with... well, that's on you.
Seeing as the majority of gamers still play on console (which has no mods) I think many do not mind it that much. But I personally also couldnt play vanilla anymore and in fact wouldnt even play Fallout 3 but TTW FNV instead since its way more stable and has more mods. But yeah, once you started modding the game on PC, its impossible to go back vanilla. At least for me. But if you, like Deltapie, play it for the very first time, it can probably still be a very fun experience. Ignorance is bliss. He didnt even mention if he played it on PC or consoles.

Im replaying it rn wit zero mods and its fantastic, you are crazy. Though the combat can feel a bit crap when enemies take a million hits, though vats is satisfying to me. Even with that said, the writing and characters are just fantastic. Never did a true evil playthrough and theres so many funny and cool dialogue.
Yeah, some enemies are known to be real bullet sponges, even more so on higher difficulties. Especially high level enemies added by DLCs. Broken Steel alone often felt like a CoD corridor shooter to me at times.

Back