Diablo II + Lord Of Destruction (Windows) (gamerip) (2000)

"Zakarum" (or maybe "Jungle" can't remember now) is by far my absolute favourite.
Real ly a masterpiece.
On e of the single best tracks in any video games.

Matt Uelman wrote the best music I've ever heard in a game.
I don't think that Diablo & Diablo 2 would have been half as addictive without his music to accompany the games.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS SOUNDTRACK! Multiple songs are DAMAGED!

Rog ue has a 'hiccup' @ 2:08
Jungle has a 'peep' @ 2:13
Zakarum has multiple clicks/peeps throughout
Mes a has a horrible volume dip and 'peep' @ 1:38

Also this soundtrack is not 192kbps!

Ple ase either reupload or take it down. Such a magnificent soundtrack cannot be enjoyed if it is damaged.

I don't know who the "Guest" that rated this 1/10 is but there's no way he's rating the album that I downloaded.

None of those songs have the problems he mentioned. These are transcoded MP3s of the WAV files stored in the MPQ files on the D2 and D2LOD CDs.

You're right, they aren't 192kbps...THEY ARE 320kbps! Even higher bitrate.

Some of the best music ever made.

I'm surprised none of the ardent fanboys above noticed and mentioned that the mastering of this release is pretty questionable. This is not proper high quality music but one «"rEsToReD"» from the 22.05 KHz WAV gamerip - converted to 44.1 KHz through sample interpolation but most importantly the absent higher frequencies above 11.025 KHz were simply mirrored from the lower ones. This gives it a slightly unnatural and (let's be honest) slightly fake sound that wasn't in the original studio master. Use the proper lossless D2 and LOD OST CDs as the base and then add on top the tracks from this release that Blizzard weren't able to squeeze into the original D2 OST CD due to size constraints. Also note that many of the tracks from D2 OST CD have significantly shortened mixes compared to originals because of the same size constraints so it's not an easy choice which version to pick. BTW Blizzard back in 2001 had a lot of free space left on LOD OST CD to fit some D2 tracks missing from the first CD but they didn't do that because they didn't care enough. Also it's a shame that Blizzard released D2 Resurrected without the complete lossless soundtrack as opposed to EA with their C&C Remastered.

Last edited:
Back