Diablo + Hellfire Expansion (Windows) (gamerip) (1997)

Diablo's soundtrack is an amazing thing - although there are only 6 tracks (and I do consider that a downside) they capture well the entire feeling of the game. The intro is dark and stirring, of course, but it is the theme of Tristram that really gives one a sense of the feeling. A town, beset by demons and the undead, with many of its citizens dead or insane. The twang of the strings suggests a bucolic joy, twinged with a darkness or sense of loss. Of the four level types, I enjoy dungeon the most - it has a delicious sinister feel. Catacombs feels dark in its own way, but less enjoyable and more repetative. Caves both pleases and annoys me in ways the other tracks don't - its random and strange, with psycho sounding guitar riffs, but some of its strangeness is just silly - there is one part in particular that sounds like someone running a vaccum cleaner while in the background the music from Jabba the Hut's pleasure barge. Hell is militaristic, insectual, and cultish, but I am not sure the music (particularly the baby cry/whine) matched the area all the time. The spookier parts, where sound is warped, appeal more so.

Overall, an excellent collection of music, if only it were longer and more varied, but still as dark.

well, i don't know what should i say and my english is not well enough. but i'm very happy to find this soundtrack. thanks.

muchas gracias por hacerme recordar el lado oscuro de mi naturaleza descargando diablo....

de cierta manera era lo que estaba buscando hace mucho tiempo espero poder compartir algun archivo mio que sirva para los que venimos a esta pagina

Six tracks made of pure win. A lot of time was obviously put into every and each of them, much better than any atmospheric song you get in new game which seem to come in 18 different versions as boring as the next.

Oh, damn! Finally I got it! I was searching for these soundtracks for a long time. Thanks to this website! I really appreciate this.

I was playing this game a long time ago and its music amazed me. It sounds so ambient and professionally made. I wonder if its author has any other albums or tracks.

Thanks again!

The town's music is just perfect. I haven't played the game itself very far (to the catacomb, according to my memory) but the musics still fits perfectly everywhere.

Best PC game ever. Only 6 tracks but full of dark athmospheres, gloomy sounds, evil taste.
If you played this game, your mind and heart will remember every dark corner you visited (or where you died...)

The second track, the one in town, is terrific. The others aren't as outstanding but some of them are still pretty good. I just wish this wasn't recorded at 22MHz. I want to burn it to CD for the car, and it needs to be 44MHz for that.

Daemon aka DarylMc: Diablo is THE BEST RPG game of all time! And what a soundtrack, the eerie sounds, the drums, it all sounds very horror-like and mirrors the game perfectly. The only way that the music, and the game, could get better has already been done in the sequel, Diablo 2.

Very ambient and expressive. You don't even need to play the game to know what it feels like. I'll always love the distant-sounding screams mixed into the dungeon piece. Coupled with the beginning of the Diablo II soundtrack it's quite nice.

Tristram village music is one of the highest peaks of any soundtracks. Great accustic guitar sound, flutes... it's incredible.

Other themes are different than tristram theme. They don't have "songish" feeling as first one. They are litterally back theme to the game. I would describe it as ambiental industry...

Can I just say, Holy Hell flashbacks, I love this game although I cannot find my disc lol I still love all these tracks I do love either Hell or Dungeon.

By far the best RPG I have played, a crying shame the sequels lost the spirit/soul/cha racter. This soundtrack still gives me the chills. Thank you for making it available!

Back