Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) (gamerip) (2002)

One of my favorite Castlevania soundtracks. The choice to have an 8-bit styled soundtrack worked extremely well. GBA games have the tendency to have scratchy and sometimes unpleasant soundtracks which makes them age a ton in the modern day. With this soundtrack being of the 8-bit style, it has aged like a fine wine.

Castlevania harmony of dissonances soundtrack sounds very 8 bit and in my opinion, it works. Most of them sound checky and great. The game itself goes back to the style of symphony of the night and the challenge of the game is reduced by a large amount. It's not easy or extremely unfair *cough* *cough* Circle of the moon *cough* *cough* The game is in the middle, but it's challenging in a few areas. Although, the bosses are extremely boring and easy. Most of them are either easy, boring, or uncreative. This time you can collect other items instead of just magic and health like the last one. Such as the double jump, one use items, stone/whip upgrades, etc. The areas are fun to explore and the enemies are mostly fair and Don't kill your holy cow in just 10 or so seconds. Like symphony of the night, You have to collect Dracula's parts in order to beat the game. Also like symphony of the night, you have to beat another castle, but the color and the structure are different... kinda. By the way, this game also has a boss rush mode which is fun to play. Overall, Castlevania harmony of dissonance is one of the best castlevania games I've ever played and the soundtrack is great. Although, It isn't as good as castlevania I, super castlevania IV, castlevania aria of sorrow, and castlevania symphony of the night. Oh by the way, Juste can use relics to make the sub weapons more powerful. He also makes after images, when you're moving. Like mega man zero 1-4. I haven't played the game since November, but I'll play it again after I beat kid dracula, symphony of the night, and circle of the moon.
Soundtrack: 7.7/10.
Game: 7.8/10.
Note: At the moment, I only played 14 castlevania games.

Last edited:
Back