Alex Kidd in Shinobi World (Master System) (gamerip) (1990)

This is my favorite Alex Kidd game, I used to play this way back in the day... I just love how the soundtrack keeps the eerie vibe that the Shinobi had but made it kinda cute with those extra layers of melody...

This is my favorite Alex Kidd game, I used to play this way back in the day... I just love how the soundtrack keeps the eerie vibe that the Shinobi had but made it kinda cute with those extra layers of melody...
I'm with him! Though my opinion is different:

This game literally takes part of Shinobi's music and just slaps it into the game. So right now I'm probably guessing Sega is running out of ideas for new game music.

I'm with him! Though my opinion is different:

This game literally takes part of Shinobi's music and just slaps it into the game. So right now I'm probably guessing Sega is running out of ideas for new game music.
I don't think using the "same" music as Shinobi is much of a problem, especially when the composer actually went through the effort of changing it to fit the vibe of the game better. It's noticeably different (and IMO better) when compared to the actual port of Shinobi for the SMS, so I think it's more of a matter of evoking a sense of familiarity rather than just being lazy. Especially when you take a listen to the Bonanza Bros. SMS port's soundtrack, which IIRC was done by the same composer and he also did a pretty damn good job there as well. They're pretty good at this sort of thing.

I don't think using the "same" music as Shinobi is much of a problem, especially when the composer actually went through the effort of changing it to fit the vibe of the game better. It's noticeably different (and IMO better) when compared to the actual port of Shinobi for the SMS, so I think it's more of a matter of evoking a sense of familiarity rather than just being lazy. Especially when you take a listen to the Bonanza Bros. SMS port's soundtrack, which IIRC was done by the same composer and he also did a pretty damn good job there as well. They're pretty good at this sort of thing.
Touche. (I don't know what that means though. I heard it in a show :p)

Back