1941: Counter Attack (CP System) (Arcade) (gamerip) (1990)

1941: Counter Attack's soundtrack is good while your playing the game, but it's not something you'll listen to outside of the game. As for the game itself, it's a great Shmup game. For starters, there's a large variety of enemies in this game you have to face compared to the last three games. As for the weapons, most of them return from the previous games like the piercing laser, the machine gun, the mini airplanes, etc. However, this game gives you a new shadow attack which gives your airplane some after images that doubles your fire power. Like the NES version of 1943, you get charged attacks which depend on the weapon you have and you also get the lighting attack which returns from 1943: The Battle Of Midway. You also get a health bar with three-four hits before your airplane explodes unlike the fuel system from the last two games. The difficulty is middle of the road compared to the last two (especially 1943 Kai). As for the bosses, they're pretty fun with hard to dodge attacks and interesting patterns. On top of that, they're also a lot more interesting visually compared to the previous entries. Overall, 1941: Counter Attack is a blast with great weapons, fun enemies, great bosses, and a good soundtrack.
Game: 7/10.
Soundtrack: 6.5/10.
Note: I plan to review Capcom's 194X series, so I'll go into more detail when I eventually review this series.

Back