Mid-Garts (X68000) (gamerip) (1989)

There are four editions of this soundtrack: X68000, PC-88, PC-98, and MSX. The PC-88 version is also uploaded to this site and is overall a better quality album, with the X68000 tracks obviously being ported. While this is quite a solid album, with some sections sounding better than their PC-88 counterpart (notably, the drop in Mid-Garts at 0:53 sounds sharper in the X68000), most sound fonts are missing. The most obvious of these is "Sneak In" where there are weird hiccups of silence where the sound fonts played in the PC-88 rendering. That being said, the listener may not like all the sound fonts (such as the Wolf Team bell), and hence the X68000 might be superior in these cases. Aside from this, some tracks just sound inharmonious in this port, most notable which is Sara (Reprise Mid-Garts Version), which sound bad here but is great in the PC-88 version.

Some of the many good tracks in this renditions are:
Mid-Garts (wait for 0:53), Rune Blade, Day Dream, Recklessness, Silent Space, Contact, Mana, Truth, Tense Heart, Sneak In, Indication of the Future, Navigation of Surcun, Rushing, Starting Over, Old Enemy, Skyscraper2, Beyond the Saness, Old Enemy2, La Malhear, Advance, Brillance Blade, Demise, Storming Battles, With My Dear Friends, (Unknown)

Overall, this rendition of the album is solid, for which I rate it a 9/10. This is good but check out the PC-88 version, which is superior in my opinion.

Back