Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES, Family Computer) (gamerip) (1990)

Most of the tracks aren't coming in true to the game but are labeled correctly. Try changing from stereo to mono, depending upon your setup for ripping to get the other half of the sounds.

Ninja Gaiden II's Soundtrack Is Pretty Good. The Game Itself Isn't as hard as the Original but it's Even better than the first because of the new special weapons & More Story... I guess. Overall Great Soundtrack and Fantastic Game that's my personal favorite of the NES trilogy. Soundtrack:8.7/10. Game:7.7/10.

Last edited:
I've beaten Ninja Garden II: The Dark Sword Of Chaos on July 24th, 2021 (On the NES). Before today, I've beaten the game by using save states. I've also got the first one coming in the mail.
Soundtrack: 8.8/10.
Game: 8/10.

Last edited:
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword Of Chaos has a great soundtrack with some great songs, but it's not nearly as good as the first game. As for the game itself, it's amazing and it's honestly my favorite of the NES trilogy. It has great stages which now have stage hazards such as rain that pushes you in different directions, the traditional lava stage, waterfalls that slowly move you around, a ice stage that makes you slip around, a stage that flashes on and off and you have to take your time to clear the stage, and so on. For the stages that don't have stage hazards, they're still great because of Ryu's special weapons and the enemy placement. Speaking of which, Ryu's weapons are almost exactly the same from the first game and all of the weapons from the first game return expect The Spin Slash which is removed. In it's place, we have the Ninja Clones which are very helpful and it can make a moderately hard game extremely easy if you know how to hold on to them. Another great thing about this game is the story which is very entertaining and it's pretty good. The only thing I hate about is that Robert is the typical cool 90s dude who doesn't have any character and Irene who doesn't do anything meaningful in the story. Like the last game, this game also has anime cutscenes. Also like the last game, Ninja Gaiden II's bosses are extremely easy and none of them are challenging. Overall, Ninja Gaiden II is a amazing game with fun weapons, great stages, a great story, a great soundtrack, and easy bosses.
Soundtrack: 7.2/10.
Game: 8.6/10.

Back