Hard Corps: Uprising (Xbox 360, PS3) (gamerip) (2011)

Hard Corps uprising is an amazing game by Arc System Works that never got the recognition it deserved. While everything in this game is extremely well thought out and put together, the soundtrack stands out as something that not only enhances the gameplay experience, but stands well by itself, too. Most of the tracks you will hear on are fast-paced instrumental metal tracks with catchy choruses dramatic bridges/breakdo wns. While the song structure is similar for most of the tracks, every melody is unique and has its own draws (Track 18 stands out as one of my favorites solely because of the gorgeous piano break that happens towards the end of the track).

The other tracks that aren't linked to stages are still nice, but they don't stand out as much as the main stage themes.

Over all, this is an epic soundtrack that I'd recommend to anyone who enjoys epic instrumental metal.

This album introduced me to Daisuke Ishiwatari and as such will always have a special place in my heart. Great melodies and scales. Wonderful transitions. I wish the drums were recorded better though.

Back