Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows) (gamerip) (2013)

The soundtrack seems complete, but the sound quality isn't that high on some tracks, and the stereo equalization doesn't sound very consistent between all of the songs. The "original versions" of songs seem to be prototypes, with poorer instrumentation . The rest has a much better sound, but if you compare "Chosen" or "Gabriel's Farewell" to, let's say, "Night Watchman" or "Library," you'll notice a definite difference in the actual quality of the sound. I'm not sure if that's on purpose or not, but I'm gonna guess not.

The music itself is not really that remarkable if you compare it to the memorable tunes of the metroidvania era and the talents of Michiru Yamane and/or the Konami Kukeiha Club. Don't compare it to Yamane's work if you want to enjoy it. It's not the same genre of music, and it doesn't try to be. The Mirror of Fate OST is a lot more like a movie score, and if you think of it like that it's able to hold it's own. If you didn't play the game to hear it for yourself already, try not to go into it expecting the catchy baroque-pop sound of classic Castlevania; or even the deeply emotional and dramatic sound of it's predecessor, Lords of Shadow.

In the background of a game like Skyrim, which had a much more cinematic sound to it's music, this would have been amazing and not out of place at all. It's got kind of a generic sound, but it's an average soundtrack, and probably worth your time to listen to if you like dark, cinematic music.

Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate is a good game.
My top 3 are:
1. final fight original ver
2. trevor
3. combatant 3

Back