Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64, Wii, Wii U, Switch) (gamerip) (2000)

how good a games is defines how good a soundtrack is
thats not nessisarily true. zelda skyward sword has a consistatly phenominal soundtrack but 90% of the gameplay is fetch quests in the same 3 segmented areas.
dungeons: possibly the best designed compact puzzles in the series. 10/10
story: pretty great for a zelda game 8/10
characters: all memorable. 10/10
bosses: mostly fantastic. tentalus was the only bad one, though the build up to it was amazing. 9/10
music: 10/10 no question.
overworld: 1/10. props to them for good flying mechanics, but literally all you do is fetch quests. tad tones? fetch quest. find the kikwis? fetch quest. all those orb collecting sections? all fetch quests. get water from the back of a dungeon you already finished but now need to go through again for some reason? fetch quest. the only notable moments in the overworld was the time travel seed of life at the end of the game as well as the minecart ride. other than that, literally 90% of the game is some variation on a fetch quest.

so with that, i have to disagree with you, friend.

thats not nessisarily true. zelda skyward sword has a consistatly phenominal soundtrack but 90% of the gameplay is fetch quests in the same 3 segmented areas.
bosses: mostly fantastic. tentalus was the only bad one, though the build up to it was amazing. 9/10
overworld: 1/10. props to them for good flying mechanics, but literally all you do is fetch quests. tad tones? fetch quest. find the kikwis? fetch quest. all those orb collecting sections? all fetch quests. get water from the back of a dungeon you already finished but now need to go through again for some reason? fetch quest. the only notable moments in the overworld was the time travel seed of life at the end of the game as well as the minecart ride. other than that, literally 90% of the game is some variation on a fetch quest.

I also agree
Mega Man X6 has one of the best ost of the whole x series. We don't talk about the 'game'.

This soundtrack is fun. My favorites are Pop Star Stage 1, Rock Star Stage 1, Miracle Matter Boss Fight, and Pop Star Stage 2. Game: 8/10 Soundtrack: 9/10

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
Donkey Kong 64, Knuckles' Chaotix, Wario: Master of Disguise, Crash Bandicoot TWoC, Silver Surfer NES...
So many bad (or at least flawed) games have amazing soundtracks, and I have no clue why!

I think that "Unused Song" sounds more like "Friends 3 (From Kirby's Dream Land 3)"

Last edited:
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
Donkey Kong 64, Knuckles' Chaotix, Wario: Master of Disguise, Crash Bandicoot TWoC, Silver Surfer NES...
So many bad (or at least flawed) games have amazing soundtracks, and I have no clue why!
cant forget Kirby star allies. amazing soundtrack, not a good game though.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
You forgot Sonic Adventure 2.

SA2_bad.gif

Edit: Changed my mind. Game is actually good, it's just that I didn't enjoy it the first time and Eternal Engine made me quit. That level still sucked after playing it a second time though.

Last edited:
Back