Symphonic Suite Dragon Quest VIII Sorato Umito Daichito Norowareshi Himegimi (2005)

Perfect album

every music fits in its respective place
and with 15 min palyin dragon quest you start singin all of them
koichi sugiyama is a genious

level 5 made a great job with this game
and i love akira toriyama's artwork
but the hero in hyper tension mode still looks like a super saiyan

xD

great soundtrack full of orchestral music when you play the game you sometimes stop and just listen to the music that makes you feel like you sit in a concert hall

Would be nice if the tracks actually downloaded rather than play through through your browser. Also, seriously.. review 'too short'? I've never seen a more persnickety site.

Please give the 10 rating instead of only 5/10 y you're going to say that it's an excellent soundtrack.

It is an excellent soundtrack

Thsi album is fantastic, definitely my favorite video game soundtrack of all time. I would even venture to say that the game is worth a play through just for the music, but of course I really love the game. 10/10!

Amazing soundtrack. This version (the orchestral one) is even better than the soundtrack for the japanese version of the game. Every track has a lot of depth and heart. Sugiyama at his best.

The soundtrack is amazing and all; I grew up with this game in the mid 2000's for a short time, but I still never forget the melodies of Koichi Sugiyama even if I never knew who he was at the time.

Though I do give this soundtrack great praise; I use you could've upload more of the track at least there are some many track numbers that they should be added. You can't have a soundtrack without the full package especially when it involves something of Toriyama's work.

Personally, I prefer the MIDI version, mostly because I got into Dragon Quest 8 due to the 3DS version, which uses the MIDI version. It also seems a bit more "there", if you know what I mean. Either way, the soundtrack has some of my highest ratings for an RPG, with the battle theme being the best one I've ever heard, and the boss battle theme being the 2nd best, only bested by Megalovania.

Back