Dynamite Headdy (1994)

Shouldn't this be named "Dynamite Headdy Remix Project" or something like that? I saw this and got my hopes up that I would finally be able to listen to the music from the genesis game whenever I wanted, but after downloading a couple files, I got something that partway sounded like the music.

But from the tracks I heard, this gets about an average rating.

Actually only the first two tracks are remixes (though the second doesn't seem to be of a track actually from the game...). Which is a shame because there is a severe paucity of remixes for this game.

This still gets a 10 because this game's soundtrack is amazing.

Another hit from Treasure, the amazing team that gifted us with Gunstar Heroes. Their trademark action gameplay with mind-blowing sound fx & huge explosions was accompanied by trippy, graphical effects that really pushed the envelope 4 it's time. And n true Treasure fashion, the game was no cakewalk. U had 2 surely use ur head(haha)as each level/boss got progressively harder. My fav tracks r 4, 8, 9, 14, 21, 22, 26, 30, 31, & 37. The khinsider!

I like this game's soundtrack, but I was wondering
if someone could rip the game gear/master system
soundtr ack?(I'm not good at ripping sounds)
But anyway, thank you for sharing this with us.

Shouldn't this be named "Dynamite Headdy Remix Project" or something like that? I saw this and got my hopes up that I would finally be able to listen to the music from the genesis game whenever I wanted, but after downloading a couple files, I got something that partway sounded like the music.

But from the tracks I heard, this gets about an average rating.
Well, this was a Japanese CD-audio release, and the first two tracks were arrangements. You probably listened to those.
All of the other tracks (as well as the rip on this site with the Mega Drive boxart) have the FM synthesis tracks you're probably looking for.

I've only played this game once, but I never finished it, but the soundtrack is really making me want to play this again, and actually complete it this time

I've only played this game once, but I never finished it, but the soundtrack is really making me want to play this again, and actually complete it this time
I've been playing this game for 3 years and I've gotten pretty close to finishing it. (Well only for the much more challenging American version, I finished the Japanese version.) It's definetly one of my favorite Genesis titles. I love the wacky gameplay, the toony and creative visuals, some of the best music on the Genesis, but the difficulty can make it hard to come back to as it can be extremely punishing at times, namely in the American version. But I recommend to just rack up lives and continues and try to save them near the endgame. (You get continues by collecting 13 of those "tokens" dropped from the keymaster bosses after defeating them. You collect them by using your head btw.)

Back