Zork Nemesis (MS-DOS, Windows, MacOS) (gamerip) (1996)

The best ever adventure game i ever played, and the soundtrack is awesome too. Well done for people from Activision. A 1996 game, but still can overcome many of the modern adventure style games. Great story line and continuity (return to zork 1992, and Grand Inquisitor 1998).

Will there be something else?

A lot of great memories playing this as a kid with my dad. Amazing game, deep storyline and a truly beautful score. They don't make em like this anymore...

Why not the whole music from crystal laboratory? It´s quite long in the game and the most beautiful. Can I make a request to make that sound in ful version?

This is one of the finest examples of a video game as art that I have ever played; there are plenty of modern games with stunning visuals, but none with a style as simultaneously wondrous, haunting and sinister as Zork Nemesis, coupled with a score that complements the visuals perfectly to make the game what it is.

I only wish a true soundtrack had been released, as while the files ripped from the game are of decent quality, the game's sound had to be heavily compressed to fit everything on even the three CDs it ended up with. I've been trying for a while to track down any original copies of the music, but haven't been able to get a response from Mark Morgan (the composer); too many of the people involved have simply moved on to other things, which is a shame, as it's a game ripe for re-release on touch devices.

Back