DEWPRISM Original Soundtrack (1999)

Kuro-chan Review

Like the game, I think the Dewprism OST suffers from being severly overlooked. It may not have any fancy opening or closing vocals, but Junya Nakano gives a nice performance with a style that is clearly over-the-top for his rather ambient style. The only real downside to this OST is that it instruments sound very much like PS1 game music.

This OST is split into two CDs labeled the "Rue" CD and the Mint "CD". I think the Rue CD was the better deal of the two and offers more of the interesting tracks found through the series, including the 1-01 DewPrism and 1-20 Rasuden (To the Ultimate Relic), but Mint's CD offers a few of her more quirky Backgrounds which deserve at least one listen.

I never understood why this game got low scores. It's one of the best games I've played, in my opinion. The OST itself is average, but hey, just like any game, if you like the game, you'll love the OST.

@Guest:Mint's theme is not Reunion.
And other guest:I think Carona village is 'Serene Town.'

As for ToF, it's my favorite game, and I absolutely love the soundtrack. I think the game is severely underrated due in part to the fact that when it was released it was kind of overshadowed by other games. I think if it was released at a calmer time it could have been more popular.

I originally played this as a demo as a kid when Vagrant Story came out and hunted it down at the Game Stop. Ten years I remince the music over and over in my head....

I luv this album. I haven't played the full game but I've played the demo and it is one of the best games I've ever played. (I think Final Fantasy 7 is the best game ever, KH2 is in 2nd, and this is in 3rd in my top 10 game list!)^.^

Back