Parodius Da!: Shinwa kara Owarai e (X68000) (gamerip) (1991)

The best track of this album is Ending Da! because you know with a name like that, it's ending. Just kidding of course. I am though, not personally a fan of this soundtrack- not because it's bad- but because it utilizes a lot of leitmotifs from classical music and I just don't enjoy it. The composition is superb, the music is clearly comical and jokes around with the leitmotifs. It's all very talented and skillful. As a parody of Gradius, this game actually has a few remixes from that series (Even the Patience of a Pierrot Has Limits, Theme of Eagle Sabu, Theme of Neon Core) and even one from Twinbee. That said, I prefer the original Gradius soundtrack anyway. Whatever the case, it's a good soundtrack- I'd suggest you listen to it. I don't personally like it, but it's not because it's bad. I'd estimate it's an 8.5/10, if I account for my bias.

Songs that I thought were decent: Theme of Eagle Sabu (Stage 2 Boss), Theme of Octopus, Space Battleship Moai, Let's Get Fever with Gunkan March, Theme of Pentarou, Theme of Yoshiwara Dayuu, Ending Da!, and Balance Test.

Last edited:
Back