Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu (The Legend of Xanadu) (PC-Engine CD) (TurboGrafx-16) (gamerip) (1994)

My Rating: 9/10
Personal Favorites:
Shop [6], The Church [14], The Cursed Beauty [53]
Also Particularly Good:
The Power of Friendship [18], Yeti [30], The Ice Cave [31], Glacies [33], New Companions [34], A False God [37], Toon [38], A Beautiful Prize [42], Alexandria [54], The Ice Tower [65], I am Flybrute [67], Thoughts, Once More [71], A Bride Crossing the Desert [73], The Gods of the Four Winds [74], Desert Wind [78], Kleene [89]

This is three hours long. And, it's all pretty high quality! It's a good listen if you're doing half-minded work. Nihon Falcom, for the uninitiated, had some of the highest quality video game music back in the late 80s and early 90s. They specifically hired their own sound team and if you listen to practically any of their albums it shows. That being said, while this album is good, there are minor flaws. The instrumentation is somewhat crackly, which just takes away from the overall sound quality. Also, while many albums are high paced and energetic, with fine arrangements all around, no song particular struck me as something that I'd keep coming back to. But, it's all good for a listen and an enjoyable one at that. And, it's certainly much better than that other three-hour early synth album that I ran across on this site- Brian the Lion.

Back