Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (Re-Engineered Soundtrack) (2013)

I have to say that this is impressive. The quality, the time and effort that I can only imagine that went into this. These are definitely not your run-of-the-mill remasters (Re-engineered really is the right word). Heck, can you perhaps do the same for the Spyro trilogy? Or what about Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze? Suggestions aside, I really am impressed; these far exceed my expectations. I am both blown away and even a bit ambivalent to some extent — like, how the heck is it possible to make music that already sounds good, better (especially without redoing instrumentation)? Porcus has my standing ovation and a many, many more bravos.

I have to say that this is impressive. The quality, the time and effort that I can only imagine that went into this. These are definitely not your run-of-the-mill remasters (Re-engineered really is the right word). Heck, can you perhaps do the same for the Spyro trilogy? Or what about Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze? Suggestions aside, I really am impressed; these far exceed my expectations. I am both blown away and even a bit ambivalent to some extent — like, how the heck is it possible to make music that already sounds good, better (especially without redoing instrumentation)? Porcus has my standing ovation and a many, many more bravos.
Thank you. Well your questions aren't actually that easy to answer and depend on the release. First off, I usually source all my music from the highest quality sources possible. I compare various platforms and their codec and audio quality in general. After this I render them as lossless and also with the best "audiophile" quality as possible. Like with minimal limiting and brickwalling. But as I said, this really depends on the game and sources in general. I obviously can't fix whats already rendered such as lossy OGGs, etc but I try my best in every case. I then edit them so that they have clean fade ins, fade outs, mixing, declicks, noise reducement and so on. Recently I also expanded some of my works with even more in-depth remastering such as delossifying and declipping via various VSTs and Programs like RX9 or Stereo Tool. With this I can even fix and improve heavily lossy and brickwalled music. Instrumentation I redo very rarely because for this I need composer files which might be possible with some older games that use midi or similar projects. Unreal, Deus Ex, Unreal Tournament or GBA music comes to mind.

But yeah, it is a ever changing situation depending on release and you can find documentations about it on my Squid-Board release thread which has a cloud link with all my releases including txts and such. This stuff is actually not on my KHInsider releases. Here is a link: https://www.squid-board.org/topic/20107-porcusgrunzus-re-engineered-soundtracks/

And yeah, I do not use a tag such as "Remastered" because it is quite frankly an overused term which for me often means louder and more brickwalling which is the opposite of a improvement. Then again, I am audiophile, I know that the majority of listeners does not care or prefer it just loud. I just wanted to have my own term to easily distinguish my releases from others.

Spyro is sadly not something I do play and it is hard to make high quality releases for such soundtracks when I did not even play the game or know how they are meant to be mxied or where they play. Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze are possible and are on my "maybe do" list. No promises but perhaps it happens one day. I can btw recommend the releases from a user named "!!!!!". He did excellent work with these particular soundtracks, which is also a reason I haven't bothered with it since I doubt mine would be much better, but who knows.

Back