Omikron - The Nomad Soul (Rip)

I love this game and could not find the music ANYWHERE!!! I can't believe I finally found the awesome soundtrack! THANK YOU!!!!

This is an amazing soundtrack to an incredible if massively under estimated game. The tracks recorder by David Bowie for this are brilliant and to see them performed in game by Bowie's digitised version if you followed the clues and found the concerts make it even better

I love the internet and the people that make music like this available to everyone. This is a great quality rip of one of the greatest musical games of its time. Highly recommended.

Fantastic and more or less forgotten game which never got the credit it deserved.

Th e work that went into the soundtrack is unthinkable by today's standards, where games with massive bloated budgets skimp on anything that could enhance immersion.

T hank you very much for making this avaiable.

As most Bowie fans, his music for the 1999 album, '...hours' was trialled in this game (5 of the 10 final album tracks come from 'Omikron: The Nomad Soul' and the game's opening title track became the album track, 'New Angels of Promise' with slightly different wording), the game's style and the fact that his whole band would be directly playing the music as in-game characters influenced his change to a more straight forward sound that he has used since, from that of the industrial/jung le experiments that he had done on his previous two albums. He also, along with his guitarist Reeves Gabriels, worked in partnership with the game's soundtrack composer Xavier Despas in making his songs fit the sound of the world of the game, and possibly even contributed anonymously in some of the other tracks! The final track from the game though, 'We All Go Through' was NOT included on '...hours' so is VERY hard to get. Previously I was forced to trawl YouTube for most of these tracks but now thanks to seeing your site mentioned on GOG.com in a list of where to get game soundtracks from, I now finally have 100% of this game's score in proper MP3 format. THANK YOU!

I also found this site by looking for this soundtrack. However, I'm wondering, is there an option to donate in order to get a WAV/FLAC version of the soundtrack (i.e. lossless instead of lossy mp3)?

Thanks!

I also found this site by looking for this soundtrack. However, I'm wondering, is there an option to donate in order to get a WAV/FLAC version of the soundtrack (i.e. lossless instead of lossy mp3)?

Thanks!

I will add a larger PC gamerip this weekend, but it is not tagged.

Also, this is a game from 1999, so its likely that compressed MP3 files were used in game. In fact, just looking at files in the game, it looks like they are 128kbps

I will add a larger PC gamerip this weekend, but it is not tagged.

Also, this is a game from 1999, so its likely that compressed MP3 files were used in game. In fact, just looking at files in the game, it looks like they are 128kbps

Ah, yep. That makes complete sense. Thank you so much for the reply!!

Also, I just found last night that the Expanded Edition of David Bowie's Hours contains the Omikron mixes that I was mostly concerned about. So, having the rest of the soundtrack in mp3 format is totally fine. I appreciate all your work here!!

Back