Homeworld Soundtrack (Redbook) (1999)

Pretty 1337. Like the lonely feeling of the music, but still keeping with the space theme. A must have for video game music collectors.

The music in Homeworld sets the mood perfectly. If you're not playing the game, it can feel out of place but very nice it's melodic and easy to listen to.

Amazing music that completes the mood of the game. I still listen to it even after finishing it. The euphoric and drawn out sounds fit in with the epic scale of the game and make sitting around for twenty minutes for the right opportunity to attack well worth it.

I've been looking for these for months ! I really like the BGM of that game. Like MJCaboose said, it really sets the mood of the game. Thanks KHI !

One of the best ambient soundtracks I've ever heard, completely immerses one in the theme and atmosphere of the game, the quest for Hiigara, and I could never get sick of these background loops in the hours and hours of countless weeks of play I've spent in this game.

- Skeletor

Homeworld's OST
Only Homeworld 2's can match it. I love hearing every second of it. Hail to Paul Ruskay!
I remember, when I played Homeworld for first time, when it was new... I drooled all over the damn comp on how big it was. It was challenging and quick, sometimes it looked unfair (gardens of Kadesh *shivers*). And Homeworld 2 well-toppled it. Even in difficulity. XD
OSTs remind me all these times... It's good, I gonna get a comp soon...

Perhaps the best ambient soundtrack ever concieved. Sets the mood perfectly.

R arely does a soundtrack help define a whole game, but in Homeworld it does.

I find it interesting that the original composer of the Adagio for Strings isn’t mentioned at all.

Samuel Barber is the original composer of Adagio for Strings, both the string movement and his rearrangement in the form of the Agnus Dei.

Paul Ruskay did not compose it.

Back