Metal Wolf Chaos XD Original Soundtrack (2019)

This soundtrack is such a disaster, a huge mess and a hard chore to go through. Where to even begin.
I listened through the entire thing now and gave me a headache. All the mixes are too loud, distorted and muddy.

The tracks either lack content and are too repetitive or the ones that actually have more layers have actually way too much.
Many tracks sound like they mixed-mashed 3-4 music tracks together into one, well it's because they did pretty much just that.
Sounds like listening 4 radio stations all at once with distortion added to it.

These are not actual original compositions even tho the game production have two linked compositors credited and zero for people who play instruments and who actually made the samples, instead reality is this is a work by someone who doesn't even know what music is so who ever got this job is extremely lucky. It's all just samples and messy stems stripped from other peoples songs and slammed together.

Some tracks sound like they legit added dead noise with distortion on to the track just to be extra toxic.

The tracks that have 'solos' are just someone randomly slamming the keyboard notes and not playing it in a coherent way, there are instances where you can hear a person is hitting 5 keys at once which sounds awful. Imagine a 2-3 year old treating a synth as a toy, that is how the solos sound in this. Once again proof that who ever worked on these have no clue wtf are they doing.

Also the lore and theme of the game is being in USA even tho the music have lots of out of place culture tracks. For example there are few tracks that are 100% Asian, and feels like they are from a completely different game. What does that have to do with with the story I have no clue and at this point not going to dig further to find out bcs no matter what its out of context anyway ...

All in all what might have happened is that these are just suppose to be demos from which an actual composer and producer further gets an idea what to do and expand upon, to make actual new compositions. But for some reason they probably didn't had time and used these demos as final instead.

This soundtrack is such a disaster, a huge mess and a hard chore to go through. Where to even begin.
I listened through the entire thing now and gave me a headache. All the mixes are too loud, distorted and muddy.

The tracks either lack content and are too repetitive or the ones that actually have more layers have actually way too much.
Many tracks sound like they mixed-mashed 3-4 music tracks together into one, well it's because they did pretty much just that.
Sounds like listening 4 radio stations all at once with distortion added to it.

These are not actual original compositions even tho the game production have two linked compositors credited and zero for people who play instruments and who actually made the samples, instead reality is this is a work by someone who doesn't even know what music is so who ever got this job is extremely lucky. It's all just samples and messy stems stripped from other peoples songs and slammed together.

Some tracks sound like they legit added dead noise with distortion on to the track just to be extra toxic.

The tracks that have 'solos' are just someone randomly slamming the keyboard notes and not playing it in a coherent way, there are instances where you can hear a person is hitting 5 keys at once which sounds awful. Imagine a 2-3 year old treating a synth as a toy, that is how the solos sound in this. Once again proof that who ever worked on these have no clue wtf are they doing.

Also the lore and theme of the game is being in USA even tho the music have lots of out of place culture tracks. For example there are few tracks that are 100% Asian, and feels like they are from a completely different game. What does that have to do with with the story I have no clue and at this point not going to dig further to find out bcs no matter what its out of context anyway ...

All in all what might have happened is that these are just suppose to be demos from which an actual composer and producer further gets an idea what to do and expand upon, to make actual new compositions. But for some reason they probably didn't had time and used these demos as final instead.
bro think he anthony fantano 💀💀

Back