Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U, Switch) (gamerip) (2014)

Been waiting on this one for a minute, interesting arranges of classic "hits" from the series history. Actually prefer the new tracks more so than the re-arranged pieces but it's all well done. Thank you guys so much for uploading this.

Wow, is this music amazing.
Problem? When I download the songs, there are annoying chirps and warbles throughout each song. No idea what's wrong; maybe how the files play on ITunes. Would gladly give a ten if it wasn't for the quality flaws.

David Wise once again outdoes himself with this score. The OST is also uploaded masterfully. Just one small nitpick/request , though - I believe there is a version of "Irate Eight ~Tension~" with different and more intense instrumentation that plays on the Irate Eight stage (the one uploaded is a version that plays on a different stage, if I recall). Could you please find it, rip it, and upload it? It would be much appreciated.

All in all, though, this is a great soundtrack from an equally great game. Easily one of the greatest Nintendo soundtracks. Here's to hoping Mr. Wise returns for the next potential installment!

I really want this album but there is an issue with the music. It is not a clean recording of the songs. It just hiccups throughout the music.

Very Nice Songs!
Love the rhythm of the songs; makes me want to just get up and dance!
Too bad some songs aren't that clear...

Won't work with iTunes, you will get a clipping sound on all the tracks, but works great on Media Monkey at least. Something to do with the sample bit rate or something that some players can't handle? Anyway it does work, and it's a fantastic soundtrack.

@jrush73: You can listen to the tracks using the site's audio player (without downloading them to your hard drive), and no hiccups or noises will occur. For some reason, this happens with a lot of Wii U music rips; this game, Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad, and I think the Mario & Sonic Olympics games have this issue as well.

I have no idea why this occurs, but until the site managers figure out how to fix it, you can:

1. Set up Audacity to record only the audio from your PC (Google a tutorial)
2. Pick the song you wish to download
3. Start recording
4. Play the song on the site
5. Stop the recording when the song is over and trim the silence at the beginning

It 's a long and tedious process, especially if you want to record every track individually, but you get a better result this way.

I truly believe this to be the best videogame soundtrack out there. Even better than Undertale. The music has such richness and everything fits well into the atmosphere of each level. The choice of instruments, musical rhythms, and tones make this a worthwhile experience. Favorite Piece: 5-11 Staff Roll 2 (Stickerbrush Symphony Returns).mp3

Wonderful music. Excellent blend of rhythm. Really sets the atmosphere. No doubt you will have a blast listening to this whether you have played the game or not.

Back