Descent (1995)

First off, excellent sound quality. Thank you for whoever uploaded this. :)

Overall, the tracks are sort of dark ambient/lounge with a healthy splash of metal added in. It makes for an interesting combination.

Even so, this album is very hit or miss. The tracks range from fresh and innovative to repetitive and grating. I enjoyed tracks 05 (lunar outpost) and 11 (mercury core) the most. Of course, what I like is a matter of taste and your mileage may vary. Go ahead and give it a listen (if you never listened to these sound tracks before.) You'll probably be pleasantly surprised. :)

Yes, thanks for the upload. Lunar-Scilab, in particular, is my favorite ever since I heard it used in the Descent 2 trailer (look it up on You Tube). That track is a very faithful "band" rendition of the original MIDI track that is in the Descent game.

By the way, if you still have your Descent games, get DOSBox (a free utility that emulates MS-DOS). You can still play those games in Windows 7 using DOSBox

Heh, I found out recently the Lunar Scilab track was actually written by Larry Peacock before he wrote the midi from the PC game, so that makes that one the original. The rest here are remixes and originals by Brimble...

A solid quality soundtrack, I don't really like the use of Roland midi patches though.

Back