Nintendo Badge Arcade (3DS) (gamerip) (2014)

It's interesting that there are unused songs... Looks like they were planning special music for holidays, but never got around to using it. Are there non-hall versions in the game files, or are only the hall versions available? It seems odd that they would have the lower quality, more echoey versions made and not the regular versions.
Anyway, thank you for uploading this! This game was a huge part of my childhood

It's interesting that there are unused songs... Looks like they were planning special music for holidays, but never got around to using it. Are there non-hall versions in the game files, or are only the hall versions available? It seems odd that they would have the lower quality, more echoey versions made and not the regular versions.
Anyway, thank you for uploading this! This game was a huge part of my childhood
There were no non-hall versions of the unused songs in the game files. Kinda wish there were because they'd be in higher quality (e.g. stereo channel, higher sample rate, etc).
Also, you're welcome

I just happened upon this gamerip and noticed the unused tracks. At least two of them are actually used in the Japanese version!

bgm_hall_christmas02 and bgm_hall_syougatsu02 replace Crane select (Hall) during the Christmas and New Years seasons ("Syougatsu" is an alternate romanization of 正月 Shōgatsu). I don't know the exact range of dates that they place, but the Christmas one started at the beginning of December. I've yet to hear the third unused track in the game, but I'll watch for it.

It's possible that those holiday songs were used once in the international versions too, because I remember seeing some holiday badge sets in the early days, but they've been out of circulation ever since they stopped updating it in 2017. For some reason, the Japanese version still gets them.

Back