Super Castlevania IV (SNES) (gamerip) (1991)

An outstanding soundtrack befitting a classic gem. Super Castlevania IV hands down has the most immersive and atmospheric soundtrack in the entire franchise, with one particular track, Dracula's Theme, being the perfect example of how Konami managed to capture the spirit of those dreadful dark times in European history that the series takes place in. They've never again achieved such level of success, unfortunately; ever since they plunged the series into Anime territory starting Rondo of Blood in 1993, the music, although for the most part has stayed strong, it somehow has faltered and eschewed the sense of ambiance over more action-oriented themes.

An outstanding soundtrack befitting a classic gem. Super Castlevania IV hands down has the most immersive and atmospheric soundtrack in the entire franchise, with one particular track, Dracula's Theme, being the perfect example of how Konami managed to capture the spirit of those dreadful dark times in European history that the series takes place in. They've never again achieved such level of success, unfortunately; ever since they plunged the series into Anime territory starting Rondo of Blood in 1993, the music, although for the most part has stayed strong, it somehow has faltered and eschewed the sense of ambiance over more action-oriented themes.
I completely agree. Super Castlevania IV's Soundtrack is amazing. It's so atmospheric and it fits very well with the game's atmosphere and level themes. However, I'm more of a fan of the action tracks from the later games like Heart of Fire from Aria of Sorrow for example. However, what I'm not a fan of is the generic anime art style that the GBA and DS games have. It doesn't scream Castlevania when you look at it and it just looks so stupid.
Note: That moment when your still waiting for the DS Castlevania Collection, but Konami hasn't announced anything about it or has any plans for it:l

Back