Illusion of Gaia (SNES) (gamerip) (1993)

Illusion of Gaia is a masterfully crafted score!! All gamers need this music for it completes what few video games still live up to present day.

The best all around soundtrack I've encountered in any game. Today we might have shiny graphics and more options, but this still remains one of the highest caliber soundtracks of any gaming era.

It's the perfect balance of sadness, innocence, anger and desperation, and will carry you through the emotional journey that the game itself took you on.

Even though the game may have been greatly overlooked in its day, and may have faded into obscurity, this soundtrack will stand the test of time.

I love this game and the music is far more than excellent! It's beautiful and heartwarming yet thrilling. It ranks higher than Final Fantasy 6 in my book and I rate that at 12/10.

Rating: 13/10

I can barely remember some of these tracks from my first (and favourite) game. Now this - THIS is a game. All gamers, and makers, take heed! You wish you could live up to this standard. It defined the base of my personality, and has lived on in me ever since. A true explorer's/philosopher's masterpiece, especially good for children, it influenced me to look into the obscure and the worldly, understand difference and look to what's most precious.
A few tracks missing...??

There's no way anyone could find 2-3 16-bit soundtracks better than this one. #20 makes me want to surf the heavens and #12/#27 are so intense!

Illusion of Gaia/Time is a wonderful game, it may seem a bit childish at first glance, but to those who look beyond a first glance it soon shows itself as a magnificent game.

The soundtrack is incredible to say the least, so what are you waiting for?

Just listening to tracks such as "adrift" brings back lots of memories ;D

As it is the same for other Enix-Games eg. "Dragon Quest" or "Terranigma" ...of course this game's ost deserves nothing but highest rating^^

One of best games ive played on snes!

Music is really one of best up till now combined with game play few allmost none games can fill that standards nowdays!

Cla sh of light and shadow still sounds great!
Thanks for upload!

I've played this since Grade K (When my dad gave it to me), and I loved it! --It would of helped if I could read, though.--
The soundtrack is great! As a composer and a professional movie-maker, this inspired me a lot.

Another brilliant game. It had an amazing story-plot taking the player into some cleverly designed lands / dungeons that were rendered in richly colorful graphics. The music added superb atmosphere and was the icing on the cake. Certainly a game that can proudly hold it's head up high in the stable of SNES classics in my opinion.

I remember my late nights just to play this,I fell in love with the story and music, its a journey I will never forget, im glad im not the only one who remembers this, thanks everyone:)

I just played through the game for the 10th time this time collecting everything. I first played it in Kindergarten and I'm still playing it to this day ala Sophomore Year. When I found this I crapped myself. Thanks to whoever put this up here.

Back