Hey! Pikmin (3DS) (gamerip) (2017)

@ClickenBricks I'm on Mac and I've experienced this issue several times. I don't think it has anything to do with Mac or iTunes. I think the issue is simply the audio here itself; sometimes, the mp3s are corrupted, but for whatever reason, if you download the FLAC files and THEN convert to mp3, that does the trick for me 100% of the time. The only problem is if there are no FLAC available and if the mp3s are corrupted.

If you need a converter for FLAC to mp3 for Mac, get XLD here, it's free and works for me:

https://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html

@ClickenBricks I'm on Mac and I've experienced this issue several times. I don't think it has anything to do with Mac or iTunes. I think the issue is simply the audio here itself; sometimes, the mp3s are corrupted, but for whatever reason, if you download the FLAC files and THEN convert to mp3, that does the trick for me 100% of the time. The only problem is if there are no FLAC available and if the mp3s are corrupted.

If you need a converter for FLAC to mp3 for Mac, get XLD here, it's free and works for me:

https://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html
Thanks for the work around! This will help a ton.

Hey, just wanted to update you on one more thing. There's a few OSTs I've gotten here recently that were corrupted even after converting from FLAC to mp3; if you go in XLD and go to Preferences, there will be other audio formats you can choose to convert to, and for the few OSTs that are STILL corrupted going from FLAC ––> mp3, converting them to AAC mp4s or ALAC [Apple Lossless Audio Codec] actually seems to result in consistently glitch-free tracks for me. AAC might be preferable if you want to keep the files smaller size, ALAC is essentially the same as FLAC except ALAC will be read by iTunes, whereas FLAC cannot be put in iTunes. Cheers!

@ ClickenBricks and lastly, there's been a few cases where XLD failed to convert to AAC...actually just now after responding to you again lol.

In this case, converting to Apple Lossless somehow resulted in a corruption free audio file, so generally speaking, if mp3 doesn't work, then AAC might, and if AAC doesn't, then ALAC [Apple Lossless] will almost definitely work, ALAC has never failed for me yet thankfully.

@ ClickenBricks and lastly, there's been a few cases where XLD failed to convert to AAC...actually just now after responding to you again lol.

In this case, converting to Apple Lossless somehow resulted in a corruption free audio file, so generally speaking, if mp3 doesn't work, then AAC might, and if AAC doesn't, then ALAC [Apple Lossless] will almost definitely work, ALAC has never failed for me yet thankfully.
Thanks again for all of the detailed explanations and help. Listen, I am a big lover of Nintendo music. Right now there are 200+ Nintendo audio files in my folders. I usually once or twice a week add a song or two to my ludicrously long game playlist. I will totally be using the methods you mentioned earlier to try to fix audio I thought to be unusable. Cheers to awesome music and a great community!

personally i can't listen to the ravaged rustworks theme without mentally going through the lonely labyrinth again or just getting the urge to play through Hey Pikmin again

Last edited:
Back