AKIRA Original Soundtrack (2001)

AMAZING movie. The music had a lot of drumming and chanting... it has kind of a eerie sound to it. Certainlt goes along with the movie's tone and everything.

This was the movie that gave me my love of anime! And the music is just as incredible! The drum beats and other classic Japanese instruments give it such an old world feel, but at the same time it's like Japanese techno. It matches the post-nulcear feel of the movie perfectly. The Battle against the Clowns was a perfect match, and Doll's Polyphony is my absolute favorite segment of the film! Love this move!
Except now i hear that there will be a live-action rendition? I'm not sure what to think of that.

The music is what brings me back to watching the movie again and again, so intense, so ethereal. It captures the imagination of what truly is with what what we allow it to be.

Amazing music for an amazing movie. The music makes me sweat! Must be the chanting... or the drums? Either or it gets me pumped.

One of the fews anime I enjoyed watching only after I've watched! I mean, due to its soundtrack, it made me want to watch it again, just to have the feelings again! Awesome - and nicely creepy!

Years ago, a friend I worked with bought this soundtrack and said it just wasn't the kind of music he thought it was going to be, so he gave me the cd. That was over ten years ago and there hasn't been a week that goes by that I don't listen to this at least once. There's just something about the music that brings me up if I'm feeling down, or if I'm too hyper it calms me. GREAT soundtrack.

Ever since the Victor Entertainment copyright strike, banning most of these here in America, this has been my go-to source for the Akira soundtrack, since I love using it as background music when I do stuff to kind of match it!

Back