Rockman 8: Metal Heroes Original Soundtrack (2007)

Mega Man 8's Soundtrack Is Bland, And Boring Just Like The Game. It's so Easy and boring it's almost as boring as Sonic 3D Blast or Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle. Soundtrack:4/.10 Game:4.3/10.

Mega Man 8's Soundtrack Is Bland, And Boring Just Like The Game. It's so Easy and boring it's almost as boring as Sonic 3D Blast or Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle. Soundtrack:4/.10 Game:4.3/10.
I wouldn't call it "bland" and "boring". Sure, it's not the best in the series, but I don't think it deserves that low. The title screen and opening stage themes are good, and I liked tengu man.
Game: 6.8/10
Soundtrack: 7.2/10

I wouldn't call it "bland" and "boring". Sure, it's not the best in the series, but I don't think it deserves that low. The title screen and opening stage themes are good, and I liked tengu man.
Game: 6.8/10
Soundtrack: 7.2/10
I played it again earlier this month and my opinion of the game hasn't really changed. I think the game looks great and I like the anime cutscenes. As for the stages, the only ones I like is grenade man, sword man, and search man. The rest are bland and boring. As for the soundtrack, I don't really have a opinion on it because none of the tracks in the game are good enough for me to listen to it outside of the game.

Mega Man 8 is a rather odd game. The aesthetic is odd, and the music is different than what you might expect. The game itself isn't bad, though it relies heavily on stage gimmicks. The music is something that is best enjoyed while playing the game, even if it falls flat sometimes even then. A few songs are actually pretty good. Examples being Opening Stage: Overworld and Forest Stage (Search Man's Stage). The game is a fairly decent game with a meh soundtrack. Not bad just a little bit forgettable.
Favorites:
Stage Select
Opening Stage: Overworld
Ice Stage (Frost Man's Stage)
Forest Stage (Search Man's Stage)
Midway Stage - Duo Battle

Dislike:
Ruins Stage (Sword Man's Stage)
Strange Dimension Stage (Astro Man's Stage)
Opening Stage: Underground

Mega Man 8 is a rather odd game. The aesthetic is odd, and the music is different than what you might expect. The game itself isn't bad, though it relies heavily on stage gimmicks. The music is something that is best enjoyed while playing the game, even if it falls flat sometimes even then. A few songs are actually pretty good. Examples being Opening Stage: Overworld and Forest Stage (Search Man's Stage). The game is a fairly decent game with a meh soundtrack. Not bad just a little bit forgettable.
Favorites:
Stage Select

Dislike:
Mega Man 8 to me was a real nothing game. It has mediocre stages, situational weapons, awful Robot Masters, cheesy voice acting (it's both a positive and a negative), easy bosses, and a forgettable soundtrack. But hey, this is the best looking Mega Man game, so it has that going for it (in terms of sprites of course. I'm not including Mega Man 11 in that).

Mega Man 8 to me was a real nothing game. It has mediocre stages, situational weapons, awful Robot Masters, cheesy voice acting (it's both a positive and a negative), easy bosses, and a forgettable soundtrack. But hey, this is the best looking Mega Man game, so it has that going for it (in terms of sprites of course. I'm not including Mega Man 11 in that).
this may change your mind about the soundtrack: https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/rockman-8-famicom-nes-windows-gamerip-1996-2012

Favorites:
Stage Select

Dislike:
don't forget the credits theme

I believe that the music for this game is a little underrated. Now, I'm not saying it's an amazing soundtrack or anything, I just think it's better than people make it out to be. The music doesn't exactly fit the Mega Man theme the best, but some songs are pretty good, like Frost Man or Tengu Man's stages. I like the sound font, but I just wish they composed more interesting music for about half the soundtrack. A lot of the songs fall short and are boring. I guess you could say the OST is very hit or miss.

I believe that the music for this game is a little underrated. Now, I'm not saying it's an amazing soundtrack or anything, I just think it's better than people make it out to be. The music doesn't exactly fit the Mega Man theme the best, but some songs are pretty good, like Frost Man or Tengu Man's stages. I like the sound font, but I just wish they composed more interesting music for about half the soundtrack. A lot of the songs fall short and are boring. I guess you could say the OST is very hit or miss.
Yeah I have similar feelings as you. Some tracks I enjoy like the intro theme, Frost, Tengu, Aqua, boss themes, the second Wily Stage theme, and the credits are my favorites while the rest are generally okay or just forgettable. The soundtrack and game are sort of hit or miss for me in general though I do enjoy playing it at times and I do like the game's overall visual style. It does stick out from the usual 8-bit action style the classic series is known for and I sort of wish we'd got another Mega Man similar to this aesthetic wise, but I guess the closest we have to that is Mega Man & Bass.

Last edited:
I feel like the only Mega Man fan to like the game. Sure, some stages are too easy and the voice acting is a little terrible, but overall, I like it. Boss Theme hit differently, and Frost Man's theme is just about as good as Mega Man 2's Wily Castle theme. The only songs I don't like
are Wily Stages 1 and 3.

Game: 8.9/10
Soundtrack: 9/10

I feel like the only Mega Man fan to like the game. Sure, some stages are too easy and the voice acting is a little terrible, but overall, I like it. Boss Theme hit differently, and Frost Man's theme is just about as good as Mega Man 2's Wily Castle theme. The only songs I don't like
are Wily Stages 1 and 3.

Don't worry. You aren't alone! I like Mega Man 8 as well!

I played Mega Man 8 again after getting a new Xbox and I can say that my opinion has changed a little bit. I don't dislike the game anymore, but I don't like either. It's a very nothing game with gimmicky levels like snow boarding or shoot em up levels. Yes, the game has two shoot em up levels and coming from a guy who loves shoot em ups, you think I might love them, but no, they have to make those two levels so damn easy and dull. The fact that they made two shoot em up levels boring as hell is very odd to me. How the hell do you make a shoot em up level boring? Anyway, the bosses are fine. They're nothing special and they're weapons are very sensational. The only weapon I use besides the game telling me to or a boss weakness is flash bomb because it stays on a enemy after you fired a shot for a few seconds. The anime cutscenes are great, but the English voice acting ruins it by a large margin. The voice acting is bad in a enjoyable way, so at least it has that going for it. As for the music, it's there. Nothing bad, but nothing memorable either. As for the Robot Master lineup, it's awful. These bosses look real damn stupid and I can't believe someone at Capcom passed all of these designs to the Final game. Yes, I know they do contests and pick robot masters from that (Mega Man 2-8), but they did my boy Clown Man dirty. His original art looks way better then whatever the hell Capcom thought they were doing with their design. Overall, Mega Man 8 is a meh game with every element is the game being there or forgettable.
Game: 5/10.
Soundtrack: 5.5/10.

are Wily Stages 1 and 3.

Honestly I wouldn't say it's terrible. I just don't like the more slow gimmicky stages like Sword Man and Astro Man, and that shoot'em up section in the middle of Tengu Man's stage that feels like it loses it's luster halfway in. The rest of the game is fine either way if a bit slow paced, just feels like it lacks focus interms of innovation and bringing new ideas to the table such as getting rid of E Tanks and replacing it with the Rush Charger which just feels like a pointless change similar to the New Rush Coil in Mega Man 5. But I think the bolts were sort of interesting as you had to look for them in the stages this time giving a bit more replay value for going back to stages with all the special weapons and exploring some of the stages, but the upgrades themselves are pretty meh and won't be that helpful for more inexperienced players like the Big Eddie shop in Mega Man 7. Either way I'm still kinda mixed on it, but more on the positive side of mixed like a 6/10.

Last edited:
are Wily Stages 1 and 3.

I agree with yall

Back