The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES, Wii, Wii U, Switch) (gamerip) (1991)

What is there to say about this game's sound track that hasnt already been said? While being an early SNES title it is among the best on the SNES and Nintendo used the systems sound chip to the best of its ability

Honestly, one of the greatest soundtracks for one of the greatest and most memorable Zelda games I've and many players around the world have ever played. The title screen awaits a long and fun adventure, the overworld music screams joy and adventure, Princess Zelda's Rescue and Ganon's Message create the themes of these two timeless characters to reappear in games to follow, the Dark World theme gives a darker but similar effect as the overworld theme, and the End Credits give me goosebumps and (sometimes/most of the time) tears every time I hear it. 10/10, good work Koji Kondo!

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past on SNES is an excellent and memorable game. The handling is very good, the story is interesting, the gameplay is good and the graphics are nice. I liked the idea of having to travel between 2 worlds with a different atmosphere.The game is long, so you won't have time to get bored.

The soundtrack is very good, my favorite music being Guessing-Game House, Lost Ancient Ruins, Anger of the Guardians, Priest of the Dark Order, Black Mist and Dungeon of Shadows.

And even if it's only my 3rd favorite Zelda (behind the Oracle twins), this opus remains a staple of the series.
Rating for the game : 85%
Rating for the soundtrack: 80%

I supported this soundtrack as well! I considered adding Wii, Wii U and Switch to the Platforms section of this soundtrack. (because I realized some platforms were missing.)

*Game is available on Wii and Wii U via Virtual Console, while available on Switch via Nintendo Switch Online.

Back