Yami no Ketsuzoku Kanketsu Hen (X68000) (gamerip) (1990)

The Yami no Ketsuzoku albums are possibly my favorite on the X68000. I have a full review of these songs on the page for the next episode of this game. I end up giving it a 9.67/10, but if you want specific track recommendations from me, check there. Many of the songs within just this album are repeated from the other episode, although you do also have the MT-32 versions here. The MT-32 versions, in my experience, are never as good as the OPM ones but it's great to just have more versions of these songs because they're so good. Also, the composer, Manabu Saito, actually worked to make the sound fit the MT-32 format instead of lazily porting it, which is a frequent for duplicate tracks across sound systems wherein one will sound amazing and all the others are just not great. Compare OPM track 27 to MT-32 track 65 (Called "Living" in the other X68000 album or Miyu's House in the PC-Engine tracks. This is one of my favorites). The MT-32 version has a nice whistling instrument that just sounds great and creates a wholly different but equally good mood (albeit, the rest of the song after that part is admittedly a bit weaker).

Back