Zai Metajo (PC-98) (gamerip) (1996)

Everything in this album is great and the best part is that it's two hours. The album comprises predominately low-key beats boasting great progression that appear designed to serve as the backdrop to a strategy RPG from what I've read. This gives the arrangement of the album a unified feel, making it easy to listen to as no tracks diverge too greatly (at least until the short ones at the end). This does, however, mean you're not going to get crazy boss music like in other game albums, but that's fine- this is good. There's also a good variety of feeling to the tracks: For instance, Track 28, my personal favorite, has this overall dreamy sound to it, while 27 has an old-timey cartoony villain sound to it. Tracks 5 + 9 are also reminiscent of Princess Maker 2 (another great album) to where I had to check if the composers were the same (they're not, spoiler). Anyway, I can honestly find no issues with this album. I listened to all two hours, then listened to them again immediately afterwards, and then listened to the game in the series before it, and now I'm listening to this album again. 10/10.

In my opinion:
Exceptional: Tracks 12, 13, 15, 28 (this is my personal favorite, it has a nice dreamy feel here), 31, 37, 40, 45
Also Good:
Tracks 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 17, 19, 21, 27, 28, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39

Back