Star Wars: Dark Forces (PS1) (gamerip) (1996)

The dark forces was originally a midi soundtrack. It was very good for it's time and the music was original. The mp3 tracks go even better as it's in glorious surround sound. The tracks were very good such as the Dark forces opening titles and the Dark Awakening. Although some of the tracks are broken such as Kyle Katarn's theme and The Dark trooper test. But just focusing on the soundtrack. Clint B did a very good job at making some Star wars tunes and remixing others. So apart from some things like the errors with the files that shouldn't really damage the music in general.
9/10

Track #2: Kyle Katarn's Theme
Track #4: Dark Trooper Test - Kyle Katarn's Mission
Track #10: Crix Madine's Fate
Track #11: Jabba's Revenge
Track #12: The Kell Dragon - The Escape From Jabba's Ship

are missing! If you have them, please upload! Thanks, Grym Reaper

Marvelous! I've always liked the "Dark Forces" main theme, but LucasArts did a rather pathetic job sequencing it in MIDI (eg. no aftereffects whatsover were applied). These MP3s are a LOT better. Thank you!

P.S.: How about doing the same to "TIE Fighter"? :) The music there is considered by many to be among the best 'STAR WARS'-based scores.

Dammit, never noticed that 'Rating' thing, therefore a default 5/10 went with my previous post. Moderators, please correct that to 10!

Marvelous! I've always liked the "Dark Forces" main theme, but LucasArts did a rather pathetic job sequencing it in MIDI (eg. no aftereffects whatsover were applied). These MP3s are a LOT better. Thank you!

P.S.: How about doing the same to "TIE Fighter"? :) The music there is considered by many to be among the best 'STAR WARS'-based scores.
MY: 11/10

I think I should point out these were not ripped from the PS1 port of Dark Forces, but were rather arranged from the original midis by Kenneth L. Simonsen, who also did one of the versions of the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on this page. You can tell it's not the PS1 version because the opening title on here incorporates an orchestral recording of the Star Wars Main Title theme and part of the End Title theme, I think sourced from the Utah Symphony Orchestra recording if I'm not mistaken, and the PS1 version was midi the whole way through.

Back